Chapter 1: Hello?

(Lafayette's pov)

(Lafayette's pov)

Where the hell is everyone! Nobody was in History... Did they all ditch? No, fire alarm? God, I must've fallen asleep in class again...

"What the-?" I heard a sudden groaning sound creep behind me. As I turned around, I saw "it". I'm not exactly sure what "it" is... but I saw something.

They had a pale complexion and seemed to be injured. I can't just leave them here... "Excuse moi-", I cut my self off in shock, as they slowly turned around.

I stumbled backward, unable to produce words, just stutters. As they let out an ear-aching scream, time itself felt as if it had stopped. Then I realized, they were just moments away from pouncing on me.

In these few moments, I had faced death itself. I would've ran if I could; I knew I needed to run, to get out of here, I tried! My legs won't work.

My feet are stuck to the ground, I'm trapped! I'm frozen in fear, unable to move, unable to fight, unable to defend myself, I was–... helpless. Finally, they pounce.

This is the end. God, I'm not ready... Somebody, anybody, help me... I beg you-!

Just then, the sound of a stray gunshot echoed through my ears, and I watched as the cold and emotionless body dropped to the floor mid-air. They've been shot in the head.

I looked behind the body, to see Maria standing there, pistol in hand. Our eyes locked for a second, then I realized... At this very moment, the world that we once knew will never be the same.