February 4th- Jack

Groggy and disoriented, Jack finally awoke. Glancing at the microwave clock the time showed 4:36am. Jack gave a half hearted chuckle, it was rare for him to get a full nights sleep, maybe the move was really was helping?

Who are you kidding ? You're beyond help now... step closer...

Yawning, Jack stood up from the sofa, knocking the blanket on the hard wood floor as he made his way over to the speaker system that he was so fond of. A rack displayed his album collection off easily, allowing him to grab whatever he felt like with minimal effort. Almost every disk was Metal or Hard Rock , however there was the odd Eminem album to be seen ,hidden amongst the others.

Thank god I kept the music playing,

Not only was it a comfort , it was a necessity. It kept everything bay, dulling it to a low buzzing. The more I can focus on a beat or individual levels to sounds around me , the better.
Maybe that's why I'm so obsessed with "Disturbed" , there is always something to focus on, weather it be a beat or the meaning....

You can't avoid me forever...

"Fuck off ! "

Rubbing his eyes he made his way over to the kitchen counter , pouring coffee into the machine and shoving some bread into the toaster. A soft yawn escaped his lips as he stretched to pushed down the lever,  the lack of sleep slowly taking over his eyes and mind.  There's a reason some people get addicted to coffee,  and it's not always the taste. Slowly he shuffled over to the refrigerator to retrieve the butter

The soft whirring and grinding of the machine suffocated the silence that would have consumed the small apartment. You see, Jack was not the type to sit down and feel the calmness wash over him with the silence. He was the type who would let thoughts drown him,  fears,  worries,  regrets. Things like this can destroy someone like himself, the fear and anxiety will consume him and he'll lose himself in overwhelming emotion.  When you were used to not feeling a thing at all, even the smallest appearance of an emotion is overwhelming. Piling anxiety on top of that just cause mental torment. The scales are carefully balanced but anxiety adds an avalanche  to one side of those scales,  snapping them. So...  Silence is dangerous.

And to those who have no clue what I'm talking about,  it will become clear by the end.

Regardless,  he had a day to get ready for. A first start to college.  A day he's going to regret.

Music was still blaring around the small apartment as he headed toward the small bathroom that was just off from the kitchen. The cool wooden floor beneath his feet made him shiver, man he couldn't wait to take a shower. He closed the door behind him, still locking it even though he was the only one in the apartment

Better safe than sorry
He thought as he drew back then shower curtain,  I guess you can never know when someone might burst in unexpected...  Even when you live alone. Twisting the shower knob to 38°c he set the temperature before turning on the water. The water first trickled down,  then cascaded from the square shower head as the water pressure increased, producing steam as it went. The steam had begun to cling to the walls, adding a matte finish to the tiles before the beads of water built up in to a dropplet and raced each other to the floor.

Tossing his joggers somewhere in the bathroom he climbed in to the shower and let the water wash away the thoughts. Jack's green hair once again dipped in front of his eyes, he breathed a sigh of sweet release. Nothing,  NOTHING,  would be more comforting and relaxing than the feeling of rain drops (be that artificial or natural)  on his skin. To him it was the perfect way to start a day.