Chapter 1: Moving in.

You heaved the last box onto the back of the ragedy truck of your best friend, Rufus. (No, not shinra XD)

"This, and that one you have there are the last ones." You stated, wiping sweat from your forehead with the back of your hand.

"Alright then! On to Midgar!" Rufus cheered with his classic southern drawl, hopping into the driver's seat, and you into the passenger's.

You shut the door gingerly, hoping to not make it fall off the rusty hinges. "Seriously Rufus, when ARE you going to get a new truck?" You asked playfully, trying to start conversation at the beginning of the not too long road trip.

He began to laugh, "I DO have another truck, this here is just my working truck."

You didn't live too far from Midgar, it was approximately 2 hours away, and you agreed to help Rufus fix his working truck.

Rufus is a 50 year old man about 6'1'', chestnut hair, hazel/Brown eyes, and the kindest of hearts. He would do ANYTHING to help those close to him.

"Suuuure." You laughed a bit after that.

A thought crossed your mind, "How is Mrs. Anny?" You questioned, asking about his beloved wife.

He smiled, not taking his eyes off the road, "She's doin' fine. But she had been naggin' at me to stay home more, and to not work to hard. But at least I know she cares for this old man." He pointed his right thumb at his chest.

You gave a heart filled laugh, "You're not that old Rufus." Then it was his turn to laugh.

"Seriously, you're not that old, truuust me, I've seen old before, and you're look a million times younger." You said, attempting to give him more confidence about his appearance.

"Awww. Thanks sweet pea." He reached over and patted the top of your head.

Rufus was always like a father figure to you, since your parents passed away when you were 11.

You were an orphan after your parents' deaths, but when you turned 18, the orphanage helped you get a job and stand on your own.

Ever since then, you've been staying on your own, keeping all the photos of your parents, and every single night, before you go to bed, you kiss the tips of your fingers and place them on the photos, as a representation that you miss them dearly.

You even kept your parents' jewelry. Your favorite was your mother's beautiful  diamond necklace, and your dad's favorite gold watch.

And you cherished them both.

------------------------------------------------

A few minutes passed when Rufus decided to reach for the radio dile. Surly to break the silence that fell not to long after.

Most of the stations wouldn't cut in, most likely because of them being out of range. But, there was the country station. You liked different types of music, and country was one of your favorites.

You hummed lowly to the song that was currently playing, the soft music soothing your tired muscles.

"Oh! I almost forgot." Rufus snapped his fingers in remembrance.

Rufus dug into his overal pocket, and pulled out a slip of paper.

"Here ya go."

You reached out to take the paper from his fingers' grasps.

"Anny wanted me to give you this. She also told me to tell you, she would have made a pie or cake for ya if she would have left earlier from her job. But her boss wouldn't let her."