My Brother...

"Dick?"

"...hmm?"

"You need to keep your eyes open."

It was a cold night, and the abandoned house didn't do much to stop the chill running down Jason's spine.

But that was the least of his worries.

He was crouched over Nightwing, trying to staunch the blood flow from three bullet wounds.

This was never supposed to happen.

For months now, they would meet up, always behind Bruce's back, and just jump and swing over the rooftops at night.

No arguing, no looking for trouble.

Just two brothers enjoying each other's company, events of the past finally forgiven.

And, once in awhile, if they came across trouble they would swiftly take care of it.

Often they would get shot at but their Kevlar armor always protected them well.

Until tonight.

They were just chilling on the rooftop of this old house when they saw a group of what looked like gang members trying to molest a few young girls.

No problem, easy work.

But this group of gangsters had something very expensive and hard to aquire.

Armor piercing bullets.

The minute the bullets pierced Nightwing's body, Red Hood immediately shot back and, making sure the girls got away, kicked the door off and dragged him in.

He didn't bother to see if the men were still alive.

But he hoped they're dead and rotting in hell.

And that's where they are now.

Both mask and hood were thrown to the side as useless pieces of material and Jason had ripped some fabric from his shirt to use as a rag against the blood.

But despite his best efforts, it didn't seem to be enough.

But that still wasn't the worst part.

Of the three wounds, only two bullets managed to exit.

The third was still lodged just to the right of the sternum. And that's where most of the blood was coming from.

Jason carefully adjusted their position so that he was now supporting Dick's upper body and head with his left arm.

The sudden movement caused Dick's eyes to bulge and a loud and gutteral moan of pain to flow from his mouth.

"Sorry Dickie..."

He hesitated for a moment before taking away his other hand from the bloody rags which caused the blood flow to increase.

He only had two hands, and the bullet required more attention.

If it stays where it is, it will just cause more problems.

He quickly reached into his belt until he felt what he was looking for.

A pair of tweezers. You know... for emergencies.

He didn't have any anesthestia though...

He adjusted again, this time giving Dick a warning, so that he was now sitting cross-legged and Dick was being supported on Jason's knees.

Good... now he can apply much needed force to the wounds again.

"It hurts Jay..."

His brother's broken words caused Jason to wince sympathetically.