11 // hiking & clean socks

Hayley and Laura really wanted to try the rock climbing wall. At least, that's what they said. I'm not sure if that's actually what they wanted or if it was just an excuse to get Ashton and I with each other..alone.

Either way, I didn't really mind.

We bid our fair wells and went to meet with the other teens who also wished to partake in the hike. It was a huge group. Maybe 50 of us.

By now, Ashton knew about my slight claustrophobia and so, we stayed near the back while others were dying to get near the front hoping to learn more about the forest.

If you happened to get bored, you could wander off and guide yourself or, join the other activities Camp Well provided.

What I didn't realize was that this was some real hiking. Not the "walk and talk in the forest down some paths." We actually had to dig our way through huge plants and walk over streams.

I almost stepped in some form of animal shit. Twice.

I started to get really grumpy.

My socks were soaked and my shoes were drenched.

"Emma, are you okay?" Ashton asked still walking close to me.

"No. I just- I wanna go home." I pouted.

"No way, you can't. You'd leave me and I'd have to kill you." Ashton said taking my hand in his making me walk a bit faster.

"Even if I did, you wouldn't be alone." I said looking up at him. "You were talking to that Asian kid at the camp fire. And don't you have that other room mate with the weird pink hair?" I questioned.

Ashton just giggled.

"What!?" I questioned. Did I say something?

"He isn't Asian, Emma." Ashton laughed

I loved that damn laugh, even if I had just said something stupid.

"Don't bullshit me, Irwin. There is no way in hell that kid isn't Asian." I said defending my point.

"Well, he's actually a kiwi but, nice try, babe." He smirked. "And yeah, but they aren't anything like you, Emma. They're alright. Well, I'm not sure about Michael. He doesn't talk that much. He's on his phone all the time. He has an unlimited data plan or something." He said.

I stopped.

"Whatttttt?" He questioned dragging on his words.

"I don't wanna keep going. That'll just mean more wet grass and I'm pretty much walking in my own personal shoe lakes." I complained.

"Okay. We can go to your cabin and get you some clean socks and new shoes. Stop complaining. I'll just carry you out." Ashton laughed.

I laughed too.

"You're a funny gu- Ashton! Ashton, put me down!" I said. He put me over his shoulder like it was nothing.

"I'm too heavy! Put me down right now!" I screamed hitting his back.

"Shut up. You're not even heavy. And if you don't quiet down, this is gonna look really bad on my behalf." He giggled still carrying me.

I gave up on trying to get down. It only took us about a few minutes to get back to the cabin. It would've taken us twenty if we were stuck behind those other campers.

"Shit, where is my key..um..oh here is is." I said taking it out from my back pocket. I kicked my shoes off in the hall way outside my room's door.

"Well, this is it." I said opening up the door to the simple room.