27 // apoligies & squinting

"Calum." I whispered quietly wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I wouldn't consider myself short but it seems as though all of my guy friends are taller than me.

We had found him at a huge oak tree that nobody really visited. It was a great spot though.

"Don't come onto me now." Calum said with a bit of pissy-ness still found in his voice.

"I'm not. We just-just wanted to apologize for the bed stuff and for your ex.."

"How did you know about Shelby?" He said quickly turning around making me jerk back from the hug I was trying to give him.

"Bro, Hayley has a bigger mouth than the country of Canada." Ashton said laughing putting his hand on Calum's shoulder.

"And Michael wouldn't stop laughing when we brought you up. We knew something was going on." I said smirking.

"Whatever. She's a bitch. I dumped her because I opened my eyes to realize just because she was pretty doesn't mean she can have a shit personality. I'm not all for looks anymore." He said not looking at either of us.

"Why would you send a bitch nudes?" Ashton said giggling.

"She sent them to me first and I just..I don't know. I went with it. I didn't know she would fucking record the shit. It's snapchat." Calum muttered kicking rocks around at his feet.

"Well, mate. That's your first problem. Keep your little hoodlum in your pants and you can live a healthy life." Ashton said pulling me into his side and pressing a light kiss to my temple.

"Hoodlum." Calum said laughing. He got little crinkles in the corner of his eyes as he laughed. A cute feature every girl admired in boys.

"Again, we're really sorry." Ashton said pulling him in for a hug and a pat on the back.

"Maybe don't have your tongue shoved down this one's throat and you'd choose the right bed." Calum said lightly nudging my side.

I blushed. I didn't realize it looked like that.

"Ah come here, loser." Calum said stretching out his arm for me to hug him finally accepting it.

--

We had all talked walking back to the boy's cabin. They were probably curious as to where we were.

Instead of expecting to see our three friends greet us with a smile, we found only Michael and Hayley with their backs turned to us.

As we got closer, we realized his head was nuzzled into her neck as she ran her fingers through his freshly dyed red hair.

"What's going on here?" I asked poking her back from behind quickly making Michael spring up from her neck and Hayley to bring her hands to her sides.

"Well..I mean uh- it's obvious." Michael said giving a weak, fake smile.

He peered over to Hayley who just squinted back.

"Well, Cal is my cuddle buddy and I was in need for them so I uh used a replacement?" He said running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah..okay then. Where's Laura?" Calum asked plopping down next to the two.

"She either said she was home sick or just sick." Michael said playing the hole I'm his skinny jeans.

"Speaking of home, I need to make a call there. My mom said she had news to tel me so, Em did you wanna come with me?" Ashton said stretching out his hand.

--

"Hey, Jery. Can I use the camper phone? Gotta call home." Ashton said nodding the man behind the counter. He was 1/2 of the men who work behind the desk. Jery was really nice.

"Yeah. Luke is just finishing up I believe. You're next." Jery said with a smile.

Ashton gripped my hand tighter. Of course of all people and all places, Luke is here.

"Yeah. Okay mum. Love you too. Bye!" Luke said chirpily hanging up the phone. Total mamas boy since forever. I missed Liz. I wonder how she was doing.

"Thanks Jery, oh, hey Emma. Hi Ashton." Luke said with a small nod of his head.

"Luke." Ashton greeted in almost a whisper as he passed by to pick up the phone.

"How are you, Em?" Luke asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Emma. And yeah I'm fine..yourself?" I asked.

"I'm well. Looks like you're doing more than fine though." Luke said pushing my blonde hair from my neck to reveal the dark purple blotches ashton planted on my collarbone earlier.

I just blushed and looked at the floor completely forgetting they were there.

"You two be safe. See you around." He said quickly leaving the building.

"Mum, mum you can't. Don't do this to me. Please. We can't right now." He said biting one of his nails nervously.

>>

{A/N} OUH, CLIFF HANGER. Won't be updating everyday like before. High school is challenging already. Good luck in school!

Keep commenting and voting ♡