Adapting

Mayor Lionheart supported me by giving me an apartment and some money to start off. All I have to do is get better at counting and get a job which isn't going well, honestly everyone here is a stereotype judging me by the cover, I even didn't get hired to be a Janitor. Nick introduced me to his partner Judy Hopps which makes since because she was a rabbit, she was cute but very deadly. One night I was hanging out with Nick and he told me something that we had something in common, his parents died as well but in a car crash. We had a serious friendship, not in a gay way but it was strong, something I got to never experience before in my world because I was secluded from it.

Every morning I would go to the track and do my morning jog and in the afternoon I would try to find a job, but sadly not lucky today, nor the next day or the next. I went to the clothes store called 'Large and Small' it was pricy but it is worth it and I needed clothes. While checking out I heard some commotion coming from the entrance, once I checked out I turned to see the chubby cheetah's major Hollywood crush. Gazelle, gonna have to admit for an animal she was decent, the commotion was backed away by tigers in black suits and honestly it reminded me of 'Men in Black'.

Once the crowd backed away Gazelle and the Bodyguards went shopping, I grabbed my bag and took one last glance to see Gazelle but a German Shepherd went by her and took her bag from behind without noticing. This was the time I put my bag down and made my way to the Dog casually, once we were side by side I tripped him and he made a grunt as he fell to the floor, he got up to face me as I said.

"Sorry man, you aight?"

Dom asked still acting casually with a smile

"Heh, furless cares about me eh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Honestly nobody likes you, that's all I'm saying...Freak"

The word freak bubbled Dom with anger but still managed to keep his expression as he chuckled and got closer to whisper to the canine.

"You know? I am capable of more than you think and you don't want this to get ugly so how about you return the bag to that young lady over there?"

The Dog looked at me as he slightly growled and punched Dom in the face as it made a pound sound through Dom's skull. Rage clicked on like a switch, taking a step forward as the canine made a swing but Dom dodged it as he punched the Dog in the gut. The punch was hard causing the canine to curl and put his paws on his stomach, Dom leg sweeped him as he then put his knee on the canines chest holding him by the collar of his shirt and ready to strike at any moment.

"Can I have the bag now please?"

The German Shepherd shivered in fear as he gave the bag to Dom and he let the dog off the hook as he ran with his tail between his legs. Everyone in the stores attention was towards Dom in awe, including the popstar in the corner. Dom walked up to her and gave her the bag.

"Hey uh...Surely this belongs to you?"

Dom gave Gazzelle her bag

"Thank you so much"

"No need, I'm actually kinda honored"

"What's your name?"

"Dominic, please to meet you Gazelle"

"You too Dom, I really owe you one"

"Pfft, don't sweat it"

"No I really do, Have this"

Gazelle gave Dom a ticket to her concert, VIP too.

"Uhh, wow. Thanks, you know? I'm actually working on a song at the moment, if you wanna come fix my mistakes?"

"Alright, I'm sure I can squeeze that in. See you around Dom"

Gazzelle gave Dom a sticky note that had her number on it and left. Dom grabbed his bag and left to his house feeling proud. Once he got there he checked out his clothes, he got a dark colored flannel, bright blue jeans and a watch. After checking his clothes he went to the living room and turned on his small tv and switched channels to the Zootopia news network and started working on his song while the tv was on. He was playing the guitar but got interrupted when he saw the headline on the news that said 'New mammal more than we thought?'. Apparently someone recorded me fighting at the clothing store, I watched the news as there was a moose and a snow leopard and the moose said

"Welcome to the Zootopia news network, today our topic is about our new mammal retrieving a stolen purse for gazelle. A canine stole her purse when she and her guards weren't looking, but our new mammal comes in and saves the day as a mammal recorded the whole thing"

The tv then showed the whole thing from the point where I warned the canine but refused then punched me and I punched him back, doing a leg sweep after. Then it switched to the duo and there was a hyena doctor there, getting a closer look it was one of the doctors who examined me the day I almost died.

"So what do you think of this mammal Dr.Hyana?"

The snow leopard asked

"Well when I first saw him I thought 'Wait? He said he was predator too right?' but after seeing the video, he moved with speeds that I didn't know he could harness. I mean it's almost like he knew the weak spots."

"Wow that is a lot to handle, well there you go folks. The new mammal is more than he seems and we need more mammals to make courageous acts like that. And if he is watching this then we want to say thank you for what you did."

A few minutes after Nick called me, the Mayor fixed my phone. I picked it up and of course said Hola. Nick responded with

"Well isn't it the hero of the day, just saw the news. You were kicking butt in there Fleshy! I need you to meet me at the Z.P.D in an hour and look sharp fly guy."

"How much do I wanna bet that you are smirking right now?"

"Maybe, cya later Fleshy"

Dom hanged up and hopped in the shower and got on his new clothes, got his hair done along with taking care of odors. Man did I look good, honestly Keanu Reeves can go suck it, next John Wick coming right up! I walked to the ZPD and I was 3 minutes early, I went in the building and saw Nick in his casual everyday outfit.

"So much for looking fly Nick. You have horrible taste in colors, no offense"

"Glad you could make it Dom, we have a meeting with Chief Bogo right now so let's go"

Me and Nick went up the flight of stairs and into Bogo's office. Like always he was sitting in his chair furious looking, he took a look at me then spoke.

"Mr. Simon, what you did today was probably a month worth of police training give or take, I also noticed how your interviews haven't been that successful. I'm hoping this would suit your interests more.."

Bogo slid a paper on the desk towards me, I picked it up and what I read blew my mind. Was I gonna become a police officer? It seemed so.