3 of Sunny

"Are you coming?" I ask when Seth stops at the door of the pack house. He frowns.

"You have to directly invite..." He mumbles, looking at the ground. I almost smack myself for forgetting that key fact. As silly as the myth may seem, it proves true to vampires.

"Seth, please come in." I force a smile, ignoring the way my heart pounds at saying his name.

He takes a step in, then another. His eyes trail around the room, taking in the extravagant interior. I stand there, watching his face as he slowly wanders deeper into the house. His face remains stoic and stone like. As if he himself were made of stone. I'm used to being able to read people, Mathias tries to hide, but he really is an open book despite the game face he maintains. Ridley let's every emotion play out on her face. My parents' eyes tell their secrets and my nieces and nephews just openly state their feelings.

It frustrates me that I can't read him as well as I can others. Almost to the point where I want to scream. It shouldn't bother me, but I want to know what's going on in his head. I want to know what he thinks of me, what he thinks of us and if he is even open to the idea. His silence and lack of emotion towards me stirs up my insecurity.

"Do you know what you're letting in?" He asks, breaking my inner panic and the silence of the house. I look up from the ground, where my eyes had wandered, to see him perched on the arm of the sofa; watching me.

My mind scrambles for an answer. Did I know? Or was I blindly opening my pack up for an attack? Was I opening myself up for an attack? I don't know if it is possible for a vampire to resist werewolf blood. But as far as I've seen, Seth has had no problem keeping his teeth to himself.

If only he'd keep his eyes to himself. Kota grumbles.

"I trust you."

"Never trust a vampire, trust me." Seth gives me a cheeky grin.

My eyes widen at him and I burst out laughing a second later. "Did you just quote..." Wheezing. "That sparkly fairy princess?"

Seth tilts his head, "You can't really roast me for quoting him if you knew it was his quote." He points out and my laughter dies.

"Touche." I reply with a smile. He smiles back, giving me a glimpse of what he might be like under the layer of ice around him.

"We have an extra room you can have." I tell him, after a awkward silence between us.

"You sure that's okay with your Alpha?" Seth raises an eyebrow.

"He doesn't make all the rules around here." I reply, huffing as I cross my arms over my chest. The locks jiggling on the front door grabs both of our attentions. With the breeze that flows in carries the scent of cherries, indicating that Ridley is back from wherever she went.

When she steps in my jaw drops in horror. Her beautiful sapphire dress is ripped and muddy. I can't control the high pitched noise that even makes my sensitive ears hurt.

"Your dress!"

She flinches, but isn't given the chance to respond before Mathias has entered the scene. Her attention turns to him and I turn mine to Seth, who I barely catch looking at me with an uneasy expression. I sigh, tugging a hand through my curls before facing him fully.

"I'll show you the room." I nod further down the hallway, away from the Ridley and Mathias shitshow.

I lead Seth down the first floor hall of rooms, to a room at the end of the hallway. It is the most secluded room we have, it's door hidden by a wall that sticks out because of the way the kitchen was remodeled. I push the door open with my toe and step against the wall to let Seth in. He walks in and looks around. I step in after him, taking in the dusty room.

The square shaped room has a poster bed pressed against the right wall, with a bay window directly in front of us, covered with thick curtains. The floor is wooden and all the furnishings are a dark brown with a red tint, contrasting with the pale tan colored floor. The duvet covering the bed is layered with dust, much like the rest of the flat surfaces. The dark blue walls are decorated with maps, of our territory, the country and different parts of the world. Seth nods as he does a slow circle spin around the spot he stands.

"I'll send the maid to clean up," I well him, wiping a finger along the top of the desk to the left of the door.

He nods, remaining silent. I turn to leave, excusing myself. Then I pause. Tell him he's yours. Kota urges. I bite my lip, hovering at the door. Seth looks up at me after a long second. He's yours, make your claim known. I don't move. Mine. Kota growls in my head, fighting to state his claim. Before I can back down and let him, I speak up.

"Seth?"

He hums, watching me with curious eyes. I bite my lip, trying to look confident by squaring my shoulders and standing at my full height. "I know you have feelings for Ridley, but I hope you give me a chance."

Seth's eyes widen, the first real expression I've seen on his face since I met him. He clears his throat, opening and closing his mouth. He looks like a fish out of water, fumbling for his words as if I just stole the air from his lungs. I smile softly, stepping out of his dusty room, leaving him there like a fish out of water. Maybe it is petty of me, but seeing him in that much distress pleased me after what he did to me earlier.

 Maybe it is petty of me, but seeing him in that much distress pleased me after what he did to me earlier

A/N

It took forever to write this part and nothing happened LMAO i really need to get my life together.