Chapter Four

Officially back.

Although it was Zayns idea for the two of them to take a walk, Louis notices that the vampire is quiet. At first, Louis doesn't mind, thoughts in their own place as he reruns the event with Harry over and over. Missy, who seems eager to follow them around, trails behind a few paces behind them. She has taken the roll of protector seriously as she's grown. Although she sense no danger around Louis, she took it upon herself to pretend. She playfully growled at anyone who dared come close to Louis, but the moment the attention was brought to her, her protectiveness failed as she was given belly rubs and attention.

While Louis was aware and as it lifted his spirits, he still can't stop wondering just what it was that Harry had against his mother. As far as he could remember, Harry never really wanted anything to with her, even when they first met. After the Omega gathering they were supposed to meet her in regards of respect and get his things, but Harry didn't let them. He wanted to leave right away. Harry was even close to not letting him call her from the cabin. Now, forcing her into a cell for absolutely no reason?

Louis doesn't understand any of it. Did Harry have a grudge against mothers in general?

Louis tugs at the edge of his shirt, he ignored the glances and bows thrown his way from some of the pack members, and focuses on Zayn, who had furrowed brows.

"I have a question," He says. When Zayn doesn't reply, Louis thinks that he didn't hear him, and was about to repeat himself, but then Zayn speaks.

"Go on, My Queen. I am listening." He glances down and smiles.

Louis forces one back, slowly getting used to being called such extravagant names, "Did," He pauses, suddenly debating if he should ask, but then forces it out anyway, "Did Harry not have a good relationship with his mother?"

It's quiet, the only sound coming from the scuffle of their feet on the ground and the chatter of the other wolves. Louis fears Zayn won't answer him, or not know the answer to his question.

Louis smiles and bows his head at an elderly couple who shuffled passed when Zayn answers.

"I don't know."

Louis frowns, doesn't like his response and laps back into silence, thinking that was all he's going to get, but then Zayn speaks again.

"I wasn't around when his parents were still alive, so I have very little knowledge about his family history." Zayn holds out a hand to keep Louis from stepping forward, saving him from bumping into a pup.

Louis watches the girl waddle on stubby legs, dragging a blanket behind her. His heart aches, chest constricting as he realizes he's going to have his own puppy soon.

"When I came into the picture, Harry was already the King of the pack." Zayn continues his explanation as well as the path. Louis follows. "He was also as," He pauses, as though searching for the right word.

"Cruel." Louis says it for him.

Zayn chuckles, eyes sparking, "I was going to say, distant," He replies.

Louis cracks a small smile.

"He was still distant as he is now. At least, I thought he was."

Louis' frown returns, brows furrowed as he glances up at him, "What do you mean?"

Zayn smirks, fangs visible as thin lips spread, "I have known our Alpha for many years, Luna. For years, he has not gone to the Omega Gathering until this year, where you happened to have gone into heat early."

Louis' frown deepens, not understand what the omega gathering had to do with Harry's past. "What?" He asked, bottom lip jutting out in confusion.

"Nothing my Queen. Let us continue." Zayn chuckled.

Louis dropped it, coming to terms that when it comes to Zayn, things were always a riddle that he can't understand.

Silence follows after. Louis goes back to his own thoughts of Harry and what type of relationship he had with his mother that could possibly make him hate his, and maybe all mothers.

I know this was short too, but it'll have to do for now. I'm still deciding what should happen next, as there's a few events that could happen.

Again, thanks to everyone who stuck it this far into my absence, you're all real ones. 🖤