9:15PM

I turned to glare at Archer in pure annoyance. "No thanks Archer, we're fine. You lost, you drink the shots." I shove the bottle and shot glasses towards him, not caring if they fell over. Archer was really getting on my nerves today. He was a little tipsy, and that could be the reason why he was acting the way he was, but he still had some soberness in him. 

     Instead of picking up the bottle, he asked a nearby senior to grab some extra shot glasses from the kitchen.

     "Aw, come on Arch," Michael butted in, "You know the rules. Heck, you made the rules yourself. You gotta drink up on your own,"

     But Archer wouldn't budge. "Come on, I want to be present to witness my little sister have her first drink." He reached to ruffle my hair but I slapped his hand away.

     "Stop it and just pay the dang penalty, loser." I said. I wasn't going to satisfy his requests today.

     "Dad said that I'm in charge, so you have to do what I say. And I'm saying to drink some of this rum," Archer said. "That goes for you too, Luke,"

     "Audrey doesn't want to and she doesn't have to," Calum defended. "The same goes for Luke if he declines,"

     I smiled in gratitude at Calum for defending us. The more people who go against Archer, the more likely he is to back off.

     Archer sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Ugh, okay fine. My sister's too much of a wuss to drink that stuff, anyway."

     Oh no he did NOT. The seniors around the table gasped and laughed, chorusing an "Ohhh." My eyes threw daggers at Archer after he said that, and he looked amused. He knew I hated comments like that. I can't believe he used that against me.

     The senior came back into the room with shot glasses. Some of the seniors asked for some rum too, and Archer agreed that they could have some. Archer poured the drink evenly into each glass and passed them around. Archer raised an eyebrow at me. "Still want to decline my offer?"

     His offer? More like his order. Knowing I wouldn't want to go around school being called a wuss, I said, "Pass me a glass,"

     Most of the people in the room shouted victoriously as I received my cup. Everyone was staring at me, and I wished I could have disappeared. Calum looked at me worriedly and I avoided his gaze. I glanced at Luke, and he didn't look as worried. He knew I've consumed alcohol before and that I'd be fine.

     "Audrey," Michael said, "You don't have to do this,"

     I shook my head and looked down into my glass. The liquid was filled close to the brim. I was not a wuss.

     "I say we give a toast to my sister. This is her first drink, and I wish her the best of luck," Archer said, raising his glass. Michael and his girlfriend, Ashton, Hannah, Archer, and five other seniors raised their glasses in my direction. I mentally rolled my eyes. Little did they know...

     After bumping my glass with everyone's, I lifted the glass quickly and let the drink go down by throat. I put the glass down on the table. The room grew silent. Everyone stared at me with shocked faces, all except for Luke, who was holding back his laughter.

      I wanted to laugh at Archer's face. He looked the most surprised. He just realized that his "innocent little sister" wasn't so innocent. Michael let out a "woah" and started laughing when he saw Archer's face. Calum burst out laughing after him, and soon everyone was laughing. I couldn't help but laugh along.

     "Cheers to that!" Ashton smiled, taking his shot.

     The laughter died down and Archer's dazed look soon disappeared. Archer and I didn't mention what I did after that. Others wouldn't let it go though. Some people patted my shoulders, Michael's girlfriend nudged me and smiled, and Calum looked impressed. I felt ten times better than when I first walked into the dining room.