I

Introduction
~~~•~~~

You wake up to the sound of your alarm, it feels like a task to turn off but once you do, you sit up and listen to your surroundings.
There's a few birds outside, but the noise from the cars drown them out. Someone who lives a few floor down from you is playing music,
Loudly too.
As you begin to wake up, there's a pressure on your head. You close your eyes and raise both hands, placing the index fingers on your temples, you take a deep breath and suddenly you feel fine.

That's your quirk, kinda, it gives you headaches.
You can control hormones. Pretty much, if you feel angry then the people around you also feel angry. If you feel sad then the people around you feel sad.
You don't have much control over it, you're just a kid.
You can also feel what emotions other people around you have. You can feel when they're thinking hard or not thinking at all. You can tell if someone's worried about something, but you can't really work out what that something is.
You find your quirk annoying, it's loud. Even if Everyone in a room is silent the buzzes of their brains are still so loud and irritating.

You mainly control this power by touch, if you brush hands with someone you can momentarily change their emotions. If you place your hands to their temples then the control is stronger.
But sometimes, if you're emotional enough, you don't need to touch people at All for them to feel angry or sad. Then there's also a small thing, if you know the person well enough you don't need to touch them at all. But you're not really that close with anyone so you still don't know how that works.

You usually use your quirk on yourself every morning so that you're not tired and cranky during the day, you honestly can't remember the last time you didn't wake up and instantly use your quirk, but you don't care about remembering.
It makes you feel better.

You get on with your morning routine, you clean your teeth, get dressed into your mildly dirty school uniform, you tripped over yesterday while tackling someone and you know that you're not bothered to properly clean your uniform when you're this close to the end of the week. Still, it's a bit too muddy for you to just leave it.

As you grab a paper towel to wipe some of the dirt off, you walk past your mum, she's asleep on the sofa.

You're not actually related to her but you still call her 'mum'. She's the only consistent adult role model in your life.
She's not the best at being a parental figure, she's kind of a mess herself. But she still goes to every sports day and helps you out with homework when she can, if she can't then she knows a guy who can help you.

Of course, you still get into fights and you both say stuff you don't mean. Recently the two of you keep fighting but that's just because of her current boyfriend. She's dated him a few times before in the past and each time they break up, you then have to move to a new apartment to get away from him. You're pretty sure she only dates him because he has money and quite honestly you're both in need of money.
The guy seems to think he can do whatever he wants because he knows that your mum can't afford to live without him.

You're lucky that you're a minor.

Your walk to school is short and far from sweet. You're about two thirds through your last year at middle school. It's not a very popular school. Not many people get noticed or leave to be that successful. You'll have a mediocre life at best. That's assuming you don't ruin your life somehow.

You have friends at this school but you doubt you'll remember their names in a few years. Your life could be completely different in the future. Most likely for the worse than for the better but that's fine! Change is always fine.

"Hey, what're you doing tonight?" You turn around to the voice and see Katsuki. He's a loud mouth that goes to your school. You've been stuck with him for quite a few years now.

He only took proper interest in you when he found out about your quirk, emotion control. Katsuki only cares about quirks and strength, he could honestly live without you. He's always going on about how he'll be the only person in this school who will get into UA.
You doubt that anyone from this school can get in though, it's one of the top hero schools in the country.

Bakugou is persistant that everyone here are just 'Extras'. The nicest thing he's ever said to you was,
'you're probably one of the least annoying extras' after you made a kid cry, your quirk was iffy that day, harder to control, you didn't really mean to make the kid cry but it wasn't like you were completely unaware of it happening.

Midoriya saw that happen and started yelling at you and Katsuki, you used to hang out a lot. Back before any of you had quirks. Bakugou was really close to Midoriya, you only became friends with them because you had just moved house and ended up living pretty close to Midoriya, of course you live somewhere else now but whenever you think back to that old apartment you feel a little bit better.

But times change and Midoriya is quirkless, if you were to be friends with him you'd just get bullied. So, if you can't beat them join them, right? Or, in your case, if you can't join them, beat them.
You have a horrible moral compass.

Anyway, you're friends with Bakugou. Well, you're friends on the outside. On the inside you can't stand him. You've known him the majority of your life. You both make fun on people and are relatively smart. He calls you an Extra a lot. But it's fine, you can use your quirk to calm yourself down and brush it over. To be honest, if you didn't have your quirk you'd have told him to fuck off so many times by now.

"Let me think, tonight? I may be busy." You smile with mischief obviously intended.
"Oh you're busy, right." Bakugou doesn't even pretend to believe you. "Busy doing what?"
It's a sunny day today, but it's always sunny so it's not special. There are so many things you could do. You could go to the beach, do some revision for upcoming tests. Katsuki wants to get into UA. Maybe you could help him, somehow. You're not that strong but he is. Well, you think you're not strong, others say you're a fucking beast.
"I don't know, I heard the arcade got a new game?" You offer and turn to look at Bakugou, he seems unimpressed.
"Nah not really, they just bought a flashier pacman machine." He explains and your smile wavered.
"Oh, then I don't have an idea." You admit before getting interrupted by some dudes.

Katsuki talks to his friends. You don't even get a say in the conversation, it mostly is Katsuki bragging though and it's not like you're going to stop him, he can be really big headed at time and you do help to feed his ego. So complaining would just be dumb.

You hear the sound of a bag shuffle and fast footsteps, you turn your head and see Midoriya, or as Katuski calls him 'Deku', running past.
"OI! Why the Hell Are you Running, Deku?!" Katsuki yells to him, all of his friends laugh so you also let out a smile. But shit, why did Bakugou have to yell? You're like Right by him.
Even though Bakugou might as well have ripped your ears off, Midoriya didn't seem to hear Him.
You then notice he's wearing headphones.

Katsuki goes to chase Midoriya but you place a hand on his shoulder so he can't go further.
"He can't hear you, he's wearing headphones." You point out.
"I know, that's why I'm going to throw them in the fucking river after finding out why he's running." Katsuki practically grunts and storms over to Midoriya. All of Katsuki's friends follow.
Honestly it sometimes makes so much sense why he calls them 'extras'. They just follow him and laugh at his jokes, they don't have a real friend feeling.

You and Katsuki have been friends since you were three or four, you would go to his house to play and his parents would baby sit you when your mother was busy. Midoriya joined you back then, you would all walk in the woods and stuff, then Katsuki got his new friends with quirks.
You were a late bloomer with your quirk, but you have it now and it keeps the smile on your face, so you walk forwards and join Katsuki in pestering Midoriya.

Even if he was your friend once.
~~~•~~~

A Little note For Re-Readers.
Ayo dipshits, as you can see it's been changed! A lot!
So Expect to see Many Changes from this book. It's still going to hold the same plot but little bits about Yin's quirk and relationships with other people have changed.
This is very much still going to be the same story but many things will be different.