IV

Summer.
~~~•~~~

Summer is all around boring for you. You don't go out to see Katsuki because he fully planned to ditch you once he got into UA. He even said that to your face once or twice. You haven't even told him that you've been accepted into UA.

You passed that written exam, quite easily too. You also got to meet the other nine students. They were similar to you, but you were all very different in your own ways. You were the politest one there, that says a lot.
All of you were smart, except for one person who was sweet until they threatened to break your arm because you bumped into them.

Anyway, you passed, you got the highest score, you were the most Decent one there, you got a place in UA.
You still haven't registered that yet, as in, you don't quite believe it but you have the entirety of summer for it to sink in.

Your mum was ecstatic that you got in. Beforehand she had been giving you snacks and encouraging you to revise. Once you did the exam she asked you how it was and she gave you all the space you needed. She really wanted to be a hero when she was younger, she didn't live in Japan when she was a kid but she knew about UA. So when she found out that you got in she planned to celebrate, she was going to call in a favour and get a cake from a Baker she knew but then her boyfriend came in and told you to piss off. He's a nice guy but he doesn't like kids since he has to deal with them all day at his job.
You don't get the logic in that but he gave you some money and told you to buy a snack. You can celebrate somewhen else.

It's summer, you should be out of the house anyway.

"{Y/n}?" You hear a soft voice say, you look up from the alley way you're currently sitting in to see Midoriya, you flinch a bit before trying to calm yourself down.
After you fell out with Bakugou, Midoriya tried to become friends with you again. He did it in the worst way possibly. He thought you were the same as him just because Bakugou began to  poke jokes at you.
You ended up yelling at Midoriya, you told him to piss off and you didn't speak for the rest of the year. But you did stop pestering him in and out of class.
"Oh hey, Deku. How's the summer going?" You ask but stay sitting down, leaning against the wall.

"Why are you sitting in this alley way?" He asks with concern on his face and voice. You can feel how his concern, it's not his fault that your quirk picks up stuff like that.
"Oh, don't worry. I'm just waiting for a lift and felt in the way by sitting on the pavement." You lie but Midoriya seems to believe it.
"Oh well, why don't you wait at Someone's house? Doesn't one of your friends live-" he begins.
"No-no don't worry, they're on holiday. My lift will be here soon it's fine." You reassure. You see grocery bags in Midoriya's hands. "You should probably go home and put all that away." You point out.

"Oh, yeah I should." He starts to look nervous when remembering the bags in his hands. "By the way {Y/n} I heard you were one of the Students on a the 'Second-Chance' program! Congrats!" He smile and you try to work out if he's trying to be mean in a smart way.
"Are you making fun of me?" You ask since you're genuinely confused. Midoriya jumps at that as he rethinks his words, okay no, he probably wasn't making fun of you.

"Yeah, um, I got in." You add and look to the ground. There's no point being mean to him, you doubt you'll ever see him again. That's unless he got into UA. You nearly laugh at the thought.

"Nice! I got in too! I'm in class one A, what about you?" He asks. What?
"You don't have a-- who cares, um same, yeah one A" You say, slightly confused but also relived that someone you know will be in your class. He's always talked about getting into UA without a quirk. And you have heard all the rumours about him in the physical exam. Of course you weren't there. But people talked about it a lot. "I heard you punched the massive robot in the Physical Exam. Like mega punched it, you never told me you had a quirk or do you have some sort of trick up your sleeve?" You stand up since you want to know the answer. How did he get into UA?

"Oh well, I never liked showing my quirk before then." He laughs nervously with a hint of guilt. You smile but you can't help but feel betrayed, you think Midoriya notices due to your quirk being a little snitch.
"So, the whole way through junior high you lied to me, you lied to everyone?" You asked still with a smile but pain obvious. "You always told me about how we would be quirkless together but you had a quirk the whole time?" You asks and look to the concrete ground.
"I mean, you had a quirk too." He defends himself a little bit. "So it's all fine now." He adds quickly.
"Yeah, I guess I lied first, even though it was unintentionally." You give a weak smile to him. "Did you buy icecream, it's melting." You point out.

Midoriya's eyes water, thanks to your quirk affecting others. "Oh yeah, sorry bye." He quickly says before rushing off.

Once you can no longer hear his foot steps you let your head lean against the dirty stone brick and a few tears release.
You wipe them away before placing your index fingers on your temple and compressing the sadness.

Back when you were kids, like, as in Before you even really knew the alphabet, you were young but the majority of kids had quirks.
Back then you didn't know that your mum wasn't your biological mum, but you knew she was quirkless. So, up until you were seven you thought you were also quirkless.
That's how you and Midoriya originally became friends. Then you got your quirk, he felt left out and Bakugou was suddenly interested.

Every now and then you think back to when you were younger. You kinda regret a few things you did. There were Many situations that you could have handled better but Oh Well, it's not like you can go back and change it all.

The only thing you can control is what happens to you now. So, one step at a time, what do you want to do next?
Go home, but your mum's boyfriend is probably still over.

Okay then, hang out somewhere until he leaves. Once he stayed the night at your house so you had to sleep at Bakugou's house. You can't really do that now though.

As you walk along, you try to think of some plan. You still have the money that he gave you. You're not hungry though, it'll probably be better to spend that money later, when you're more in need of it.

Off in the distance you hear a loud crash, it's followed by a few shouts and curses. Nothing drastically unusually for where you live but then a blast of wind rushes past and that catches your attention.

You look behind and then ahead of you to try and see where it came from, you notice a trail of paper and knocked over bins then the heels of a person running away.

Now usually, you ignore something like this. Probably another burglary, it's concerning how common that is around here. Momentarily the person's quirk stops. You see that they're a man, nothing noticeable about his height and he doesn't look too muscular. Just a normal guy. You can guess that he has a speed quirk, that would make sense.

The man stumbles and tries to continue running. He must have used up his quirk, hit his limit or something since he's not even close to the speed he had before.

When he realises that his quirk is gone he begins breaking things, he grabs the closest object to him, which happens to be a sign post not so securely attached to the side of a building.

He holds it like a weapon and throws it at whoever he sees first. The man runs and panics and hits anything in his path, including people. He's Wild.

Someone needs to stop him.
~~~•~~~