Chapter 40

(Trigger Warnings:  Language and Sexual Content.)

(Missi's POV)

It was well past the time I'd planned on leaving until we were done having cake. The goodbyes were rushed, which was fortunate given the intense emotion they evoked. My heart was torn, and I considered staying another day but knew Shannon would be disappointed if I didn't show up.

The traffic was bumper-to-bumper due to a detour and we were late arriving at the concert. I stopped in the restroom only briefly when we arrived, but I didn't get to see Shannon before he went on stage. The Shanimal eventually noticed me standing side stage and his grin was huge. When Jared went acoustic, Shannon took his usual break. He rushed over and swung me around.

'You made it!' He said excitedly and immediately grabbed my hand and led me to his dressing room.

As soon as the door closed his lips were over mine and his tongue was practically down my throat.

'Oh God I missed you.' He growled.

'You need to get changed and get back out there.' I giggled.

'Did you remember?' He said running his hand under my dress.

'Yes, but not until I got here.' I said as he slid his hand between my legs to see if I had panties on.

He ran his hand ran over my ass as he laid another kiss on me that made my head spin.

'Mmm...but Shannon you need to change.' I said trying to break his hold on me.

'Don't worry, I will.' He whispered as he groped my breasts and bit my neck.

'How much time do you have?' I asked.

'Just enough.' He said as he lifted me up and propped me against the wall.

He freed himself and I sighed as he eased into me. He was sweaty, so there was a lot of slipping and sliding going on. That didn't hinder the excitement and it was erotic thinking what we were doing while the audience anticipated his return.

Shannon was definitely pumped and ready to go when he started playing again. As they performed Kings and Queens I started wondering if he'd told Jared that Brittany wouldn't be returning. I went backstage before they finished and waited by Shannon's door in hopes of avoiding Jared.

'Missi, welcome back. I take it Brittany didn't return.' Jared said smugly as he came up behind me.

'No, she didn't.' I said flatly.

I got the feeling he already knew the answer and I was glad Shannon wasn't far behind him.

'We can have dinner together tonight at the hotel and you can tell me about your trip.' Jared said.

'Not tonight Jay.' Shannon said, and I followed him into his dressing room.

'I'm assuming you don't want to have dinner and pretend you're having fun when you could actually be having fun.' Shannon said after he closed the door.

'How right you are.' I replied. 'A hotel...that's awesome.'

'Yeah, you're gonna be spoiled after sleeping in real beds. We may not do much sleeping though. Let me wrap up a few things and change clothes and then we'll be on our way.'

I was waiting for Shannon when Jared popped his head in unannounced.

'Missi, I think we should talk. I don't want what happened to affect our relationship.' He said closing the door.

'That's kind of hard Jared. You both mean a lot to me.' I replied.

'But we're almost family.'

'If I cheated on Shannon and you knew, how would that reasoning keep you from being upset with me?'