chapter 2

Imara POV

As I opened the wooden door, I couldn't hold back a gasp as the bright sun blinded me for a second, then what I saw almost made me cry for joy. While seeing children run along the sandy road, laughing and playing with a ball. I picked up a bit of courage and stepped out onto the porch while mumbling 'everything will be okay' again and again. The sandy road felt soft and warm on my bare feet while I wander along the road the see more of where I was now prisoner I thought while mumbling to myself 'Was I a prisoner though? I didnt wake up in a cellar, chained to the bloody wall...'. As the words jumbeled out of my mouth, I heard hooves thud against the soft ground get louder and closer, with men cheering and laughing amongst the beat of the horses feet...

Kalsan POV

The sun shone warmly in the sky, as my freind and horses trotted down the hill side, the dead young deer tied to the saddle pack mule. My head warrior Ozi rode along side me, voicing outlound 'What should we do with the girl we found?'.. 'I'm not sure, she seems broken and is either a warrioress or a mistreated slave. To have the scars she bears...'.. 'That doesn't answer my question.'..' Look, Ozi, if your that interested. Why don't you take her in as a student? You have still to take an apprentice.'..'Very well, I will ask her name, if it is that of an animal. I will take her in.'. We entered the village and sped up the horse to a gentle canter, to get home faster, we eased round to the main road. While alomst falling of our horse as they skidded to a halt while nervously shying away from the girl, wandering around the sandy main road, while mumbling to herself. 'Whooa, the horses don't like her...'..'Strange.' Was all Ozi said, while dismounting and walking towards the girl, who became more and more nervous as Ozi got closer.