1] The Malfoy solution

IT WAS the fifth time that day Harry
found himself looking at Ginny and working up the courage to talk to her. To ask her out. But he couldn't muster the courage. Something felt fundamentally wrong about this whole situation.

At first, he thought it was because she was Ron's sister and subconsciously, he didn't want to endanger his friendship with Ron. But then, Hermione accidentally let the cat out of the bag. And Ron's reaction was fairly mild. In nutshell, Harry had nothing to worry about. But still he couldn't seem to move his feet.

The last lecture was over and Harry really wanted to atleast strike a conversation before she headed towards girl's dorms. Harry took one last breath before moving forwards.

"Hey, have you seen Ron?"

It was a lame start. But at least it was a start.

Ginny looked at him in surprise. Almost as if she was pleased to see him.

"Hey, Harry!" She said while turning away from her group of friends.

"H-hey. So, have you seen Ron?"

"I think I saw him with Hermione. They were headed towards Hagrid's hut"

"Oh great. thank you"

Harry said, but made no move to leave.

"You can go after them. Or may be you can come with me to library. Lavender has bought some potions and Fred and George are testing them there. It would be fun"

Harry should have taken that offer, spent more time with her, and take it to next step. But he found himself hesitating. He wasn't sure why. He blamed his inability to flirt.

Ginny picked up on the hesitation.

"I'm sure you have missed Hagrid. Tests have kept us all very busy. You should go on and see him."

And with that, she turned around and went with the flow of students.

Harry was halfway through face palming himself when he heard snickering.

"Peeves" Harry groaned.

Nothing good could come out of that ghost eavesdropping on your conversation or worse, seeing you humiliate yourself.

"Harry Potter is a wussy! Better yet Harry Potter is a puss-"

He began to sing but choked mid sentence.

"Not again! Dumbledore and his stupid rules. No cursing in hallways?! That old man knows no fun..."

Peeves was busy reminiscing his hate for Dumbledore's rules so Harry slipped away. He didn't want the whole Hogwarts to know about his shortcomings.

Harry had enough of it. To get teased by a ghost? by Peeves? No, he had to find a solution to this problem. Harry was passing by the Slytherin entrance door when he saw few girls standing outside.

Probably waiting for Draco, Harry thought. Apparently every girl in Hogwarts has a crush on him.

And then a light bulb lit in Harry's head.

The answer to his problem, Draco Malfoy.

~

Feedback is appreciated!
xoxo