••Prolouge••

Screams were heard through the empty halls of the abandoned building. Blood seeped into the once beautiful cream-colored carpet as the man's breathing became raspy. He didn't know this man, not really. He knew only his name and description.He listened as he begged, "p-p-lease don't k-kill me" he cried. Desperate to be saved, "I-I'll do anything!" The man whined at him. He just stared out the window with his dagger in his hand; covered in blood once more. He'd clean it again for what seemed like the millionth time when he got back. He glanced at the weapon in his hand and sighed, "if I could let you live...." he stopped himself and stood as the moon shone on the knife. He shook his head , he was late and if he didn't get back he'd be scolded.
"Any last requests?" He said to the butchered man as he listened to his heart slow.
The man breathed as he began to accept the inevitable, "your name..." he muttered through the pain.
He looked at the knife as his bright blue eyes shone back at him. "Ardent". He said quietly as he slit the mans throat. Gurgling was heard until finally the man bled out.
Ardent put the knife back in its sheave and exited the building. Then he returned to his hell.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Ardent!" He heard his name being yelled as he rolled over against his pillow.
"Ardent wake up!" He sighed as he was called.
"Elaine I was up all night let me sleep" he said to the small child next to him.
"But Ardy I'm hungry and ms mama isn't up" Elaine whispered to him. He sighed into his pillow and got up. He scratched his head, "where are Willow and Regan". The small child hugged him, "Ms Mama gave them a time out cause they got home late".
Ardent sighed again, this is what he was afraid of.
"I'll wake Renee and you wake Bammy and Vivi okay?" He ruffled Elaine's hair and she nodded. He trudged his way out of the room and up the stairs to Renee's room. He didn't bother knocking and walked straight in. "Renee it's morning" he said normally as he struck the match against the lightning strip. Knowing her, she was pretending to be asleep he thought to himself.
He was proven right as she giggled and grabbed his hand. He looked at the woman who was in her late 40s but still looked 25.
"I told you to call me mama Ardent" she giggled as she kissed his hand. He shook his head and lit a candle with the match, waving it out as Renee tightened her grip.
"Renee where are Willow and Regan" he said simply and she stopped giggling and looked at him seriously, "They came late Ardent".
"I heard" he said simply.
"Why aren't they good like you?" She questioned as she hugged him. He shrugged her off, "They're still young". Then she started giggling again, "You can let them out they're in my play room".
Ardent sighed and left the room, he looked at his wrist as it started to bruise. Her grip was no joke. He went to her playroom and opened it, revealing Willow strapped to the wall and whipped raw and Regan burnt and tied up. He shook his head and un-strapped Willow first. Collapsing into his arms she whimpered, "we were only 5 minutes late".
"I taught you to never be late" he said simply.
She nodded as he rubbed her head; "go to my room and I'll treat your back". She pulled away from him and limped out of the room. He went over to Regan, he observed the burns; they weren't bad but they would be painful for a while. He united him and took him to his room. He heard Renee making food for the younger ones and that's when he knew he would be safe to treat them.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This is a new idea I wanted to try for a while. Let me know if you wanna read more!
💋Onyxicea