•Chapter 4: Amado

Ardent's smaller frame struggled to break free of the large man. The more he struggled the more lightheaded he became until all he could hear was a faint argument and someone yelling, "Amado!! You can't kill him yet !! Amado!" As he heard the stranger call out Ardent felt himself pass out and fall into someone's arms...

The man who caught him huffed, "and why can't I kill him Fillin? He broke in!" he shook his head, he couldn't believe Fillin was defending a robber.
The small man known as Fillin huffed back at Amado, clearly tired and fed up with his friend's attitude, "First of all; you're ruining my brand new hardwood floors! Second of all, can't you tell by his stealth he's not just a robber? Someone sent him and we need to know who!" Fillin spoke confidently as he was already pulling Bleach and rags out of the hallway closet.
Amado looked down at the boy, and thought how someone this small could possibly be an assassin. He listened to his slowing heartbeat and became alarmed, without thinking he bit his finger and stuck it in Ardent's mouth and felt relief that the unconscious boy swallowed.
"So should I tie him up or?" Amado asked Fillin, unsure of what to do.
"Put him on the bed and handcuff one of his legs and one of his hands or something, I'm busy cleaning up your mess!" Fillin shouted making Amado flinch, Fillin was really passionate about keeping a clean house, most of his kind were. It was times like this Amado wondered why Fillin wanted to be his roommate at all knowing he wasn't the neatest. Amado nodded at his friend and took the intruder into his room to tie him up until he awoke.
Amado licked his lips as he tied the intruder up, his blood was good, usually humans who do evil deeds' blood goes sour. Either way, he'd know the truth when he woke up. When he exited his room he took notice to the shining hardwood floors, not a drop of blood left. A triumphant Fillin was bagging the blood and rags so he could properly dispose of them later. He became used to it after having Amado as a roommate for the past 10 years.
——————————————————
A few hours have passed and it finally seemed like the boy was waking up, he was stirring and was calling multiple names. Amado monitored him and as soon as he opened his eyes, his heart rate sped up and his free hand flew to where his weapon was before Amado had tied him up.
Ardent struggled again his restraints until Amado softly said, "I'm pretty sure you won't break free, I tied them myself". Ardent's head flipped toward Amado and immediately backed away, his eyes scanning the man along with his surroundings. The light from the sun shown through the curtains harshly hurting Ardent's eyes and reality came back harshly as well.

"what time is it?!" he asked Amado louder than he had meant which seemed to shock Amado as he looked at the window and back at the clock on the wall, "10am" Amado simply responded. Dread filled Ardent just then as he begun trying to get free. Amado grabbed his arm and forced Ardent to look at him, "Why are you panicking? Sure you failed to kill us but we wont just kill you indiscriminately"
Ardent looked Amado in the eyes, full of panic and fear, "you don't understand...! If i don't get back she'll hurt them!" After that Amado didn't know what to say, he'd consult with Fillin about it later, "Either way you wont be able to get out of those chains. I propose you calm down so we can question you" He announced.

Ardent didn't respond and all that could be heard was a disturbing crack sound followed by a small pocket knife that flew by and sliced Amado's ear open. Shocked...Amado looked back at Ardent who had broken free by dislocating all of his fingers. "I'll come back and you can kill me! I don't care.......Just let me get the kids to safety..! Please!"

After the shock dissipated Amado realized Fillin had walked in and was already evaluating the situation. Fillin looked at Ardent, a boy who couldn't be much older than 18 and sighed, "What is your name boy and who sent you. Tell us your situation and we'll decide after if we should let you go. You tried to kill us so it's fair right?"
Ardent clenched his jaw and looked around, he couldn't get out on his own, he had no choice. "Fine, I'll tell you anything you want to know". Fillin smiled, "That's a good boy, now tell us your name and who sent you first". Ardent looked at his hands, "my name is Ardent, I was sent by a woman named Renee. She's been keeping me and the rest of the children hostage for as long as I could remember....". Fillin raised his eyebrows at this, "Hostage? what do you mean? you're not an assassin by choice?" he asked as if he didn't really believe him. Ardent simply shook his head, "She tortures us if we refuse...I never wanted to...--" Ardent cut himself off, for some reason he was super emotional right now. Fillin racked his mind for an assassination boss named Renee. He came to the conclusion that she must be an independent contractor.
"Why did you join her if you never wanted to Kill people?" Fillin asked and Ardent let out an exasperated laugh, "We didn't join her....She kidnapped me when i was 3 and killed my entire family so no one would come looking for me....She did the same to the other kids....". Dread filled Fillin when he said that as he realized who Renee really was..... The Crib Taker....
_________________________________
Thank you for reading and I'm sorry for the late updates but i really want to put my all into these stories and for that i want to keep putting out long chapters. Please bear with me and let me know if you like it!

~Onyxicea