•Chapter 2: Ardent

Hiii it's been a while since I've updated this story but I'll try to update more often!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ardent rubbed the back of his neck and looked at Elaine, she was tiny for her age but she would be 12 soon and that's when the "training" began. He had 5 months to figure out a way to get him, Willow, Regan, Elaine, Bammy and Vivi out of here and safe. He looked at the twins, Willow and Regan would be able to take care of themselves in the escape, he was pretty sure Elaine would at least listen and follow. The problem comes from the second set of twins, Bammy and Vivi.
Officially Viveka and Abam. They're only 5. Ardent wasn't even sure if they knew they were somewhere dangerous since Renee stole them when they were 3.
He sighed and looked over to Renee, "who do I have this time Renee".
Renee's mouth turned up into a twisted smile and she sipped a glass of white wine, "I knew you were my good boy" she said in a voice that would've left goosebumps on his skin if Ardent wasn't already used to it. He sighed and bit into a piece of toast, "so? Who is it?" Ardent looked at her impatiently.
She put her glass down and walked her way over to the bookshelf, she grabbed the dirty book she's been using for years and opened it; licking her fingers to turn each page she finally smiled, "aha! Yes here it is. For the twins mess up you can do their's"-she paused to glare at the twins followed by an innocent smile-"Two Females, 5'7", 5'1" both African American. Address will be in your phone." She paused again and Ardent couldn't help but be annoyed as she slowly licked her finger and turned the page.
She continued, "As for your assignment my good boy, you have 2 Males, 6'4", 6'1" one Caucasian and one African American." She giggled to herself as she closed her book and put it back on the shelf.
Ardent nodded to her as the twins whispers apologies to him.
He rubbed Regan's head and smiled, how could he be mad at them. They all had their lives stolen from them. They would never know what school is like, what their parents were like....she took everything from them and had the nerve to try and act like a parent. Ardent stood, suddenly losing his appetite, "I'm going to retire to my room, seeing as I have a busy night ahead of me. I assume everyone will be in the same condition I leave them in?" He questioned Renee with a raised eyebrow.
She started giggling and leaned down on the twins' backs, causing them to visibly twitch and grind their teeth; obviously from the pain of their open wounds from Renee's morning "lesson".
She looked up at Ardent and smiled her conniving smile and tilted her head, "you know a mother never harms her child, right? Ardent...My good boy" he shook his head, tired of her games at this point... "of course, you're right...how silly of me" was all he said as he retired to his room, to prepare for the night ahead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! I'm sorry I've been so MIA but I'm back and I'm going to try to upload more! With everyone going on maybe that's a bright side to it, I hope everyone is okay and safe! Thank you for reading and let me know what you think ! I love hearing opinions!
~Onyxicea❤️