Burn, Baby Pt. 1

Hi. I hope you are alive. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~

I hate being an Elemental. I might be part human, but I can meet experience anything. 'Don't go near the flames. You'll evaporate.' 'Don't get too cold, you'll freeze.' 'Stay in that water too long and you'll become it.'

I think ma-ma just said that last bit to keep me from drowning as a kid.

*******

I hate sitting in this pond. I hat seeing the same Lilly pads and same old frog. And the same water vapor.

Wait. Water Vapor. That only comes when Fire Elementals are close to water! I slink into the pond, my body fading into water.  It only takes a second for the rocks to become scorched, and for fallen leaves and flowers to succumb to the heat.

Fire Elementals are lucky, they can turn their fire down, to warm coals. Their body isn't just fire, it's ash and coal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He's so stupid. He continues to try and touch the waters surface. Idiot. His hair flames brilliant blue after the 30th time. I make the mistake of slipping my head out of the water. He storms up and sets fire to one of my favorite bushes.

Bursting up, I'm a waterfall of fury, dousing him once. His coughs bring ash as his warmth diminishes.

WAIT.

I'm at his side in a second, dust falling from his lips. I can't touch him, but I need to. Why is my touch so lethal.
Suddenly he's breathing hard and flaming. I scream and race backwards, his hair flaming blue. He stared at me, his gaze unwavering, scorching and lethal.