His Birthday

3rd person POV

Today Jungkook woke up feeling relaxed for the 1st time. He looked down to see Taehyung looking angelic. He wanted to wake the other up since they had school and that's when he came to a realization...

It was his birthday

"Jungkookie" he snapped his attention towards Taehyung who was now looking shocked. He cupped your face gently and wiped all your tears away. He placed Jungkook's head onto his chest while humming a sweet tune. Taehyung also craddled him gently and even though there were a million questions rising through his head, he decided not to question Jungkook until he's ready to talk about it. Taehyung of course, had no idea that today was Jungkook's birthday. Though Jungkook was sad because of this, he knew that nobody in his entire school would know or care to know when his birthday was. And the boy hasn't even celebrated his birthday for so long that he could barely remember the last time he had a huge breakfast or cake made just for him.  The boy couldn't even eat a lot because of his current eating disorder.

Jungkook made a "birthday breakfast" special for Taehyung in order to at least celebrate this day. He then wrote on a notebook and approached Taehyung. "Taehyungie, I made you breakfast downstairs! :)"
"Alright Kookie! I'll be down in a sec"
Taehyung made his way downstairs and was shocked to see pancakes topped with all the delicious fruits and syrups he could think of. He wondered why Jungkook made all this. It looked like it was Taehyung's birthday when it wasn't. He then said "Jungkookie, thank you.... nobody has ever made me a breakfast like this before!" Seeing Taehyung happy was Jungkook's only wish for his birthday. He kept looking at Taehyung munching on all the pancakes and Taehyung kept eating them until he realized..

"Jungkookie, why aren't you eating?" He then grabbed his notebook and wrote "not hungry Taehyungie" reading this, Taehyung set Jungkook on his lap and secured him by grabbing onto his waist using his left hand. The right one holding a spoonful of pancake for Jungkook. Jungkook didn't budge at first. But after Taehyung squeezed his lap and kissed him on the neck multiple times, Jungkook opened his mouth through the mask, he ate the pancakes happily and muttered "just how eomma used to make them"
"What did you say Jungkookie?"
"Oh nothing hyungie! Let's go to school"

Time skip

"Oh look.. little Jungkook is back. I wonder what entertainment he prepared for us" one of them said. And just then, Jungkook tripped on one of the boy's foot and groaned in pain "hahahaha the bunny fell down. How sad" and with that, they started kicking Jungkook making him spit out blood. All the kicking stopped when Kim Taehyung walked into the locker room looking enraged and worried. He first scooped you up and set you onto a bench and then beat the crap out of those guys. He punched them and hit them and kicked them so damn hard even Jungkook was surprised. "H-h-hyungie, p-please s-stop" Jungkook said. And with just that, Taehyung snapped his attention back to Jungkook and directly set the petite boy on his lap. Taehyung kept whispering sweet nothings to calm Jungkook down. Taehyung finally succeeded and started kissing Jungkook's hands softly. "My precious bun, you don't know how much i truly care for you" Taehyung says in that deep voice of his. They spent the whole school day sticking to each other and following each other around until it was finally time to go home.

Taehyung knew that he shouldn't question Jungkook about why he cried earlier in the morning but he knew that Jungkook had been so troubled by it. Jungkook was barely able to concentrate on classes today and he always looks uneasy and Taehyung just cares for his Jungkook too much. That's right.. "his Jungkook" as much as he hates to admit it, he had fallen quite badly and fast for Jungkook. One single tear from the fragile boy can crush Taehyung's heart into a million pieces. They reached Taehyung's place and Taehyung directly grabbed Jungkook's arms and led him to the couch. Both of them sat quietly until Taehyung said "Baby Bunny, are you feeling fine today? Why did you cry?" Hearing the question made Jungkook fidget on Tae's lap so Taehyung decided to say "it's okay if you don't wanna talk about it bun." But after a while, Jungkook wrote on his pad "i'll tell you Taehyungie"
"Go ahead baby bunny, I'll wait till you're ready"

"So, today is the day that my dad......"
He stopped writing and suddenly broke down into sobs. Taehyung held him tighter and embraced him. "Shhh it's okay Kookie. Don't continue if you don't want to. Hyung really hates seeing you cry..."
Then Jungkook wrote "it's okay Hyungie. I'll continue" and with that he wrote "my father...... he....

Raped me.

That's when it hit Taehyung. "O-oh my g-god K-kookie... my baby....." Taehyung found himself breaking down. He was screaming why.. why he wasn't there for Jungkook. Why he hadn't been on Jungkook's side... why his precious bunny deserved all this. But the part that broke Taehyung the most was when he wrote "I- I guess i remember it so well because....

Because it was m-my 16th b-birthday Hyungie"
The guilt ate up Taehyung so bad. Today was his baby bunny's birthday. Today was supposed to be special for him. Today was supposed to be happy for him. And yet, Taehyung failed to protect him from bullies. He failed to make his bunny feel like he was the most precious. He failed to notice the breakfast Jungkook had made for him was to celebrate HIS own birthday. And so, Taehyung sobbed hard and he started punching a pillow. "WHY DAMMIT... W-why.... why didn't you tell me my bunny?... i was supposed to make you feel special. And i failed to even know that today was your birthday."

"H-hyungie.. i-it's okay. Not many people know anyways"
"NO.... no... Kookie it's not okay. You're my precious baby bunny.... i want to make you feel special. I'm so, so sorry my bunny...."
"N-no Hyung... don't be sorry... i feel loved when i'm with you. And that to me, is the greatest gift." But Taehyung wanted to do more for his baby. They stayed silent for long just comforting each other. But Taehyung felt so guilty he thought long and hard about what he can do for Jungkook in such a short time. Yes, it was almost 11:00 p.m And coincidentally, Jungkook's cute snores snapped Taehyung out of his thoughts. The masked bunny fell asleep on his arms and as much as he wanted to see Jungkook's face, he decided to respect his privacy and so, after tucking Jungkook in, Taehyung made it outside of his place to search for gifts to give for his baby bun right when he wakes up. Taehyung kept strolling down the cold road filled with pretty lights. A picture of Jungkook in mind the only thing keeping him warm...

At last, Taehyung thought, he found his one.

————————
Sorry for not updating much guys, i'll try to update as soon as possible to make up for loss time! Thank you for your patience and hope you enjoy the story so far

-author nim