Chapter Six: Caught

I was awoken by another nightmare of Park Chanyeol.

“Hey, calm down.” Joshua said shooting up awake from his chair.

“Im sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up.” I said sitting up.

“Your fine.” he said in a sleepy ‘I just woke up’ voice.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Noon.” he replied after picking up his phone.

“Shit, I have to be at work at 1.” I said standing up.

“I'll give you a ride.” he said scratching the back of his head and standing up.

“Your a saint.” I said picking my bag up and grabbing the uniform.

“The bathroom is right there.” he said pointing to a door in the room.

“Thank you” I said walking to it.

“No problem.” he said. I walked in the bathroom and put my uniform on.

I put on some makeup in an attempt to hide the marks on my face and let the rest show since the dress didn't cover much of the arm, shoulder, legs,and back areas so I couldn't do much. I walked out of the bathroom and Josh was already ready.

“Ready to go?” he asked grabbing his keys and phone.

“Yeah” I said grabbing my phone.

“Shit. Seungcheol has filled my voicemail box. I should call him.” I said.

“Go ahead. He's probably worried.” he said. I picked up the phone and called Seungcheol back.

“Emma oh dear god are you okay?!” Seungcheol’s voice yelled through the phone.

“Yeah I’m fine, I’m with Joshua at the moment and he's about to take me to work.” I said in a calm voice in an attempt to calm him down.

“Your going to work?!” he yelled.

“You of all people should know that I won't miss work for something as petty as this.” I said.

“You were kidnapped and torchered last night, you're not going to work.” he said using his chief voice.

“Well I’m not calling in so your either gonna have to come get me or get over it.” I said before hanging up.

“You and Seungcheol must really be comfortable with each other if your talking to him like that and disobeying direct orders from him.” Josh said as he leant up against the doorframe of his room.

“The man is a giant teddy bear.” I said grabbing my bag and throwing it in my shoulder.

“What time do you get of work?” Joshua asked. “Today I get off at 7.” I said.

“Well this is probably not a good time to ask but...” he stopped for a moment and looked down at his feet.

“I was wondering if you wanted to grab some dinner after your shift. I would like to get to know you.” he said quickly. I had the same feeling I did a while ago when we were about to go to sleep. Speaking of sleep, Joshua looks exhausted. Did he even sleep?

As we were heading out the door I decided to ask. “Hey Josh, did you even sleep earlier?” he looked at me and started the car.

“Not really.” he said smiling tiredly. I felt bad and wanted to make it up to him, then an idea popped into my head.

“Then in that case, why dont I make dinner and we can have dinner at your place. It would also make me feel less guilty about keeping you up all night.” I said looking at his face light up at me saying that.