We Have Our Heading

Waking up, I immediately reached for the compass. I knew that it would still be spinning so there really was no point to checking it. But I did so anyway, sighing as I opened up the compass. Today was going to be a different.

"DOOOOORRRRIIIAAANNNN! JAAAAACCCKKK!" I screamed as I jumped out of bed. I kept slipping on the wet surface of the floorboards as I rushed to  the top deck.

      The rest of the crew stared at me like I was some sort of maniac, which I probably was being at that time. Dorian was shouting at Jack but had stopped because of my own shouting. The both looked angry, no doubt in another argument. Nevertheless, they waited upon my arrival.

"Guys..."I tried to catch my breath from the running,"Guys-you wouldn't...You wouldn't believe what just happened!"

"You actually did a form of exercise?" Jack smirked.

"No. The compass has finally stopped spinning!"

"Mr Gibbs! We have our heading!" Jack shouted, receiving a dirty look from Dorian.

"Oh, finally!" I heard Mr Gibbs shout back. Jack leaped up the stairs to inform Mr Gibbs where we were going, leaving Dorian with me.

"Good work, Miss Pearl. You will be rewarded." He whispered, stroking my arm in the process. I watched him as he walked away, letting out a shiver. Men didn't normally have this effect on me. Jack was looking down at me from the wheel. There was no emotion on his face, it was just blank.

       We were really making progress now. It was full speed ahead to this mysterious location. Jack wasn't talking to me which made me worry. Had he seen the compass spinning between the two men? I prayed that he hadn't, otherwise that would have been a very embarrassing task to explain.

        Whereas Jack was completely ignoring me, Dorian on the other hand was doing the total opposite. He was getting too close for his own good. If he put his arm around my waist one more time, the crew would be needing a new captain. Though that might have pleased Jack a little.

"When's the wedding?" Jack randomly asked. So now he decided to talk to me.

I sighed before asking,"What?"

"You and Captain Dorian? Going anywhere nice for the honeymoon?"

"Give it a rest, Jack."

"No, no, no, I'm being serious. It looks like he has his eye set on you."

"Aw, getting jealous, Jack? Jealousy never suited you, never will."

"No. I'm just being curious." He pulled out another bottle of rum, looking around him before taking a swig. Dorian had banned Jack from drinking resulting in the crew having to sneak him bottles.

"You call it being curious, I call it jealousy."

"You say potato, I say pass the rum."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After yet another day of sailing, I was starting to get sick of the men on the ship. They were all desperate for a woman and seeing as I was the only female on the ship, I was the main event. Countless times, Dorian had swooped in and saved me from the grubby hands of his crew, punishing them. I was glad that I was being protected but his punishments were becoming harsh. Too harsh.

"Dorian, you need to stop!" I said sternly. We were in the middle of an argument and making a lot of noise. He had instructed me to go to his cabin that night and I silently cursed all the way there, he was depriving me of sleep!

"I'm protecting you! If you are left in a vulnerable state at anytime, any one of my men can take advantage of you!" He argued back. His back was to me now.

"You know I'm capable of handling a few men. I can fight extremely well." Suddenly, he drew his sword and plunged towards me. I had no time to grab anything so I was pinned against the wall, a sword to my throat. Dorian looked dark, a scary side of him I had never seen.

"Now you will listen and you will obey these orders!" He shouted,"Anything on this ship belongs to me and that includes you. Now, I don't like other people touching my things. So just because you can fight well, doesn't mean that you will. If my crew comes so much as an inch towards you, I won't hesitate to punish them. That includes Jack Sparrow. Understand?" I nodded frantically, scared of what he might do if I said no.

"Good girl,"He kissed my cheek, much to my horror,"let me escort you back to where you are sleeping."

"No, that's-"

"I insist."

      As we walked along the bottom decks, I had never felt so scared. This man had complete control over me and I had no clue why. His arm was on my lower back pushing me forwards. I wasn't going to risk anything with him now, he was too dangerous. He was now steering me away from my usual sleeping place (in a hammock with most of the crew) and down another hall.

      Dorian took out a key and unlocked a door. Inside was a cabin !such like his, fitted with a proper bed too. I gasped at the luxury he was bestowing on me. Surely this wasn't fair?

"Do you like it?" he asked, his voice softer now.

"Yes, thank you." I managed to squeak out. He smiled at me, before walking out of the door. It slammed behind me, the sound of it locking came after. He had locked me in.

"Dorian! Dorian let me out!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"I'm doing this for you darling. You're mine and I'm not going to risk losing you, not now." His footsteps became faint as he walked away.

     I collapsed on the floor, crying loudly. I hadn't cried like this in a long time. If I escaped from this room, what would he do? Would he put me in a cage instead? Keep me in his own chambers? There was no point in anything anymore. I wasn't a person anymore, I was a thing, an object. And I was in Dorian's possession.