Chapter 2

I tried to draw Lance, don't hate

Keith had opted to look for Lance alone so the team could find another planet in the coalition for safe haven. They had sent their coordinates to his lion, Blue and Red were on auto-pilot there now so Keith could keep a watch eye on Lance. Lance had fallen into a fitful sleep within seconds of letting go of Keith's hand. Keith stared at the Cuban boy shifting in his sleep and he wondered what could have happened, what could have gone so wrong that Lance forgot Voltron.

Lights flashed through Blue's hull illuminating a space that could have once been hidden by a cloth. Keith was tempted to look away, to not invade Lance's personal space, but he felt as if it was meant to be found, after all, every thing happens for a reason.

Taped up on the wall was an array of photographs. Some were photos of Lance's family, Keith could recognize Lance's Abuela and his sister, Veronica. But mostly they were of Team Voltron. There was a picture of Pidge giving Shiro a mug with the words, "Number 1 Space dad" in bold letters and another of Allura and Coran standing covered in green goo, while Hunk grinned in the back round. Most surprising were all the images of Keith, there were a bunch of pictures of Keith in the morning drinking coffee and glaring at the camera, but one picture in particular caught his eye.

It was of the first night the paladins arrived at the castle of lions, the paladins were all sleeping together on the couch, each one too embarrassed to admit that they would rather not be alone. Pidge was curled up like a cat in the farthest right corner a Hunk was laying flat across he cushions, the only one with a blanket. Keith was sitting upright his head tilted back in his sleep, an unusually calm expression displayed upon his sleeping face. The most bizarre out of all the paladins was Lance, he was sitting on Keith's lap, his arm curled around Keith's neck. His slender fingers tangling themselves in Keith's mullet, his lips resting gently on the side of Keith's neck.

He gaped at the photograph wondering how he hadn't been aware that Lance had been on his lap at all, before he noticed his hand curling gently around Lance's waist. He must have been aware of what was happening on a sub conscious level.Keith slowly detached the picture from the wall, intending to look at it later when Lance called out for him.

"K-K-Keith! Don't leave me again, I can't... I... what if something happens to you."

Keith opened his mouth to respond, quickly tucking the photo into his jacket pocket before realizing the younger boy's eyes were still closed. He extended his hand to brush aside a piece of hair from Lance's brow, when Lance's hand shot for his own and his own and his bright blue eyes flew open.

"Don't ever leave me again!" his voice shook with the force of his words, his eyes steady but panicked as squeezed Keith's hand tighter, pulling their faces together. They held that position for what felt like hours to Keith but only a few moments in reality before Lance's expression abruptly changed, the seriousness of his expression hazing over, his eyes changing from a brilliant blue to a dull gray.

"I'm sorry." he whispered as he puled away from Keith, visibly flushed, "I don't know why I did that, I don't even know you." He met Keith's eyes and notice the confusion swirling in his irises. "I meant, I don't remember you. Sorry" Lance apologized again.

"No, it's okay." Keith assured him, slightly off guard, "None of this is your fault." His voice broke on the last word, overcome by emotions he hugged Lance tightly, startling himself and the freckled boy. They pulled away awkwardly after a few seconds, a single tear tracing a line down Keith's cheek, unknown to both boys. Blue roared announcing their arrival to the coalition planet's gravitational field, Lance jumped and Keith laughed softly to himself.

"Is this ship...alive?" He shifted in his hammock almost falling off.

"Yeah," Keith ran his fingers through his black hair,unsure how to answer.

"That's...amazing!" Lance gushed before looking around curiously.He turned back to Keith a wide look in his eyes,"Is this yours?"

"No." Keith laughed gently to himself, enjoying the boy's excitement, "This is your lion, her name is Blue"

"Whoa," He said climbing out of the hammock in a awkward fashion. "This is awesome." he paused, "I'm awesome!"

Keith felt his heart swell, it was so long since he had seen Lance like this, since the start of Voltron in fact, he didn't know why he felt so strongly when it came to Lance.

"Are you okay if I leave you here for a bit?" He asked Lance trying to hide the slight blush on his cheeks. "I need to check on Red, but I'll come get you when we land." He pulled on his helmet and gestured to Lance's, which lay unceremoniously on top of a pile of blankets. "They have comm links in them. If somthing bad happens you call me by pressing here" He gestured to a button on the side of the helmet and turned to the air lock.

"Wait," Lance grabbed Keith's arm, a look of wonder in his eyes, "Can I look around?