Chapter 4

Keith led Lance down the hall and to the right, in this section of hall stood four doors.

"This is yours." He gestured to the final door, Keith pulled the boy's hand up to a sensor panel on the wall, covering it gently with his own. The door made a notable click and opened quickly.

Inside, the room was less than organized, but not quite messy, as if everything was meant to exist in it's current place. Keith watched thoughtfully as Lance's ocean blue eyes grew wide, taking in the room around him. Simultaneously, Keith felt his own eyes broaden as he viewed Lance's room for the first time since they moved in as the "Paladins of Voltron".

The bed was a mountain of blankets and pillows, glow-in-dark stars littered the ceiling and photos of all the water features they had encountered during space explorations combined into a huge collage of the ocean around the door. An entire was was covered in random stuff Lance picked up from their travels, and a beautiful pink, purple and blue mosaic framed the window, complemented in an odd way by the assortment of rugs and clothes decorating the floor.

Without hesitating Lance through himself upon the pile of pillows, barely making a dent.

"Wow," Lance sighed, "I live in space and have an aesthetically pleasing bedroom."

Keith laughed gently as Lance's blue eyes stared back at him, the rest of his body hidden by blankets.

"Where's your room?" Lance asked playfully before adding, "I bet it isn't as cool as mine." Lance pulled himself off the bed, getting his foot stuck in a blanket and plummeting in a heap of jumbled limbs to the floor.

He led Lance out the door, to the front of the hall. He held his hand out to the sensor before retracting it almost immediately.

"Castle, allow Lance McClain access to my room." Keith spoke to the still air, the sensor lit up and Keith placed Lance's hand upon the scanner.

"There," Keith confirmed, "Now you can come into my room if you ever need anything."

The door opened revealing Keith's unremarkable, in fact, quite boring room. His bed was blanketed in a plain red blanket and his floors and walls were bare. The only exception to the simple decoration was the selection of blades suspended delicately in the air, like a deadly baby mobile.

"What's this one?" Lance grabbed a delicate, obsidian-hilted dagger, across the blade bloomed an assortment of roses. Upon the hilt an inscription carved in an elaborate font, To Keith. He strange sense of disappointment dampening his curiosity.

"It was a gift." Keith acknowledged with a nod.

"the person who got you this must really be in love with you." Lance stated awkwardly and Keith's pale cheeks turned a sharp crimson.

"Y-y-you got this for me." He managed to get out as Lance placed the dagger back.

"Oh," A steady silence followed his words, time seemed to stop as Lance was bombarded with a burst of images.

Light filtered in through mostly closed blinds, though not enough to illuminate the space, only outline shapes with a faint glow. Hot breath brushed against his neck and Lance's face turned a rosy pink,his body flustered by the close contact.

"Lance," The voice was strained and he felt the body press against him, revealing that neither boy was wearing a single article of clothing above their waist. Lance's blush deepened and he turned around.

"Huh?" He stifled a gasp, he was only a couple of centimeters away from Keith. He looked down into Keith's eyes, his purple eyes seem to glow in the barely-there light, a blush gracing his cheeks as well.