George Weasley 🕗Turn Back Time

Prompt - After Fred's death, you use a time turner to go back and rescue him, because you can't stand seeing George so sad. You nearly die, and Hermione saves you.

Request for- @undercover_Fangirl97

--------

After the War, nothing was the same. Hogwarts had a dark cloud over it at all times.

Grief had struck the Weasley family hard. Everyone was solemn and grave. Fred's death had effected everyone in different ways.

Molly and Arthur were trying to make the best with what was left. Ron and Ginny were devastated, but wouldn't let their brother's death affect them too bad. The three eldest Weasley children grieved in their own quiet ways, none of which you knew; you hadn't known the eldest two long, and Percy wasn't open when it came to feelings.

George took Fred's death the hardest. It made sense, since Fred and George were twins, and they were extremely close to one another.

George had shut himself up in his room, stopped eating, and stopped conversing with everyone. His family's worry increased by the day.

Eventually, you were contacted by Molly, who explained the situation to you. Immediately, you decided that you would pay your boyfriend a little visit.

--------

Molly was thrilled to have you come by, experiencing joy for the first time since the War. As soon as you stepped out of the fireplace, she was enveloping you in a tight hug, squeezing the air from your lungs. You smiled as she laughed out of the joy of your appearance to cheer up her sad son.

"He's despaired. I think a visit from you should cheer him up a bit, though. Maybe you could take a plate to him," Molly rambled on and on; you were quite used to it.

She released you from the hug finally, and allowed the others to greet you.

Arthur gave you a hug—tightly, but fatherly. Ron waved, Harry gave you a quick hug, Hermione squeezed the life out of you, Ginny about crushed your ribcage, then Molly grabbed you by the arm, pulling you into the kitchen.

She handed you two plates and ushered you upstairs, to George.

Before entering the room, the smile that resided on your face fell. You took a deep breath, preparing yourself for a depressed, grief-stricken, saddened, hurt George.

You carefully balanced both plates on your left arm, while knocking on the door with your right fist. There was no reply to the knock. Worried, you twisted the door handle, pushing the door open.

The room was dark—the only light infiltrating the room was from a window with the curtains nearly completely drawn—so you carefully stepped over to the window and pulled back a curtain slightly, so more light would enter the room.

The small sliver of light grew, and fell onto a mess of sheets, floor, and overall room. You released a breath, and placed the plates of food on the neatly made bed, on the side of the room furthest from you.

The pile of sheets on the opposite bed moved as the figure in it moved to sit up. You slowly sat on the edge of the bed, looking over your ginger Georgie and his tear-stained cheeks, sad eyes, and furrowed brow.

You drew in a breath, wrapping your arms around him. You held him gently, giving him a kiss to his temple. George pulled you into his chest, holding your back with one hand and the back of your head with the other. He placed his head in the crook of your neck, inhaling deeply.

You looked into his eyes, seeing a fresh trail of tears make their way down his cheeks. You reached up, and wiped them away with your thumbs.

"Georgie, I can't stand to see you so sad," you said. He didn't speak, but nodded. You furrowed your brow.