XXIII

Sunday, 29.04.

Dearest Michael,

This is the last letter I'm going to send you. This is the last time you'll hear from me, the last time I'm texting someone.

I've been looking forward to this moment for a long time, but you always held me back. I wish I could have given my all to you, but you and I know that this was never going to happen. I found a gleam of peace with you, no one can ever take this away from me.

I've reached that point in my life where I've lost myself.

I feel like everyone hates me, and that's okay, because I hate me too. My demons do not hide in the shadow, they play in plain sight. Everyone is just too blind, to see them tear me apart.

I'm always running away from someone or something. But I've never gotten somewhere. And I hate that I've been sad for so long that when something bad happens I don't cry, I just feel numb.

Comfortably numb.

I was crying again last night and you said it's possible to back off but as I'm walking through the darkness in my room I can feel the numbness in my heart and the sadness in my head.

Michael I want you to know that you've been my sweet escape for a while, you gave me a little strength and hope. But nothing lasts forever. Except for my love for you.

My love for you is infinite.

I'll always love you beyond death.

Yours

Zia