TWELVE+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song-----------}

TWELVE+

Rosemary is having the same nightmare she usually has. Her wrists with the cruel burn of rope hurting the flesh there suspends her from the top beam of the ‘Playroom’. She can sense that he is in the room but she cannot see him. His face and body is hidden in the shadows around her. She hears distantly the sound of the cable cord fall to the floor from its coil like a venomous snake.

“You’ve been a bad girl, Rosie.” His dark voice echoes in the room.

She doesn’t respond. She knows better than that.

Finally he steps into the light of the single naked light bulb hanging above. His dark eyes glint in the sparse light and his longish brown hair is pulled back in a low ponytail. His tattoo, the one meant to be of Beth topless on his left arm is visible to her sight since he’s nothing but jeans and a white vest top.  

Without a word the cable cord whips across the room and hits her flesh she screams and then…she wakes up.

“Fuck, Rose, are you alright?”

Who?

“Rose?”

Levi. It’s Levi, she thinks with a sigh of relief.

“Come on, baby, answer me, your freaking me out.” He pleads.

“I’m fine.”

“Bullshit. You were as tense as a two-by-four before you just screamed like you were on fire. Mind telling me what that was about?” He says dryly while rubbing her back soothingly.

Rosemary melts into his touch before letting her eyes shoot open to take in their surroundings. It’s evening outside and the sky is pink as dusk takes over day. She looks over her shoulder at Levi to see him looking at her with half lidded ice blue eyes and messy just fucked hair. When she follows his gaze she can’t help but smirk, he’s such a teenage boy.

“Are you staring at my nakedness, Levi?” She teases.

He blushes but answers, “Yes.”

Her eyes trail down his naked chest as a wicked smile spreads across her face, “Then I guess it’s only fair that I get the same privilege.”

Rosemary hears his breathing hitch and she looks up to see him nearly panting as he looks back at her. He doesn’t waste time in smashing his lips to hers and for the next hour or so she gets to forget about her nightmares.

+

“Are you sure about this?” Levi asks nervously.

Rose rolls her eyes tugging a shirt over her head, “Yes.”

“She’s just…”

“It’s fine.”

Levi nods but inside his stomach is in knots. After taking a shower Rose announced they should go back to his house so he could freshen up. He didn’t know that she had hand washed his clothes and had them drying until she tossed them at him after her announcement. If he was honest this whole idea of his mother even being near Rose scared the shit out of him.

“Why are you freaking out?”

Levi’s head snaps up at Rose’s question before he shrugs, “I just don’t know how she’ll be.”

“Are you afraid I’ll hurt her?” She asks her head cocked to the side.

“Huh?”

“I won’t kill her unless you want me to, Levi.”