Chapter 4 - "I would definitely like to try it once with you"

Strangely, his breath did not get caught in his throat, and as he stared back at Jonah, who did not seem bothered by his presence, he merely shuffled in the bed and turned the other way, ignoring that he was there. However, his mind was racing with thoughts, and it was a chance that he knew may never really happen again. At first, all he wanted to do was sleep, but his drunken mind with the boost of confidence, made him face Jonah once again, and frown at him.

Jonah had not yet said anything, and leaned by the window, blowing the smoke from his joint after taking a long hit. When he realized Kylan had turned back, he was confused as to why he was being frowned at. His own face turned into a frown, before he raised an eyebrow and asked, "Are you okay?"

Kylan exhaled, deepening his head into the comfortable pillow before muttering, "Yea I'm just staring at you." He could barely keep his eyes open, but since it was Jonah, he forced himself to.

Jonah smirked, "Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're handsome," he said without any hesitation, and Jonah was taken aback, raising a confused eyebrow as he turned back towards the window. Kylan slapped his forehead, "Sorry, that was a bit straightforward." He then decided to leave, and attempted to push himself upwards to sit up, but struggled to do so.

Jonah blew another huge cloud of smoke before saying, "Where are you going?"

"I'm sorry, I probably scared you. I'll leave."

"You didn't scare anybody," he laughed, "I was just a bit surprised, that's all."

Kylan beamed excitingly, "So I can lay on this bed?"

Jonah paused for a moment, examining Kylan, before nodding his head slowly and turning away, "It's not my bed so you're fine."

He shrieked happily, snuggling back into the pillows that comforted him. Jonah chuckled, and continued to smoke. Kylan was the one that started the next conversation, "Why aren't you downstairs?"

Jonah shrugged his shoulders, "I needed some time alone."

"Are you sad or something?"

"No," Jonah chuckled, smiling, "I'm not sad. I'm going to head down in a bit."

"Didn't want to share your joint?"

Jonah laughed again, and turned to Kylan, "You're a funny guy. But no, I just wanted to calm down for a second."

Kylan shrugged his shoulders, "I don't understand what you're talking about, but I'm just going to say okay."

"It wasn't for you to understand," he crossed his arms, "besides, you're out of your mind drunk so I don't expect you to."

"I'm not even that drunk."

"I heard you stumbling up those stairs; you could barely walk." He laughed, "And you're saying things that I don't think you'd be able to sober."

Kylan narrowed his eyes, "Well if that's the case, why don't I say everything I think when I'm sober now? And then, when I am sober, I'll say the exact same things, to prove to you that I wasn't even drunk."

Jonah snickered, "I'm not sure you want to do that—"

"I like you," he breathed, and when Jonah's head sharply turned to meet his gaze, Kylan did not turn away. He kept his gaze locked with him, as he pushed himself to sit upwards. He blinked furiously, the blurry vision struggling to fix itself, but there was not an ounce of nervousness or shyness in his body. The drunken minds played wonders, and he crossed his arms, lifting his chin confidentially towards Jonah, who raised his eyebrows.