Chapter Three

Episode Three: Lost and Found

Lucas woke to the next morning to screaming. Except the screaming wasn't his own. Jolting up, Before he could register what was happening another thrilling scream erupted throughout the house.

"Mom?" Lucas shouted confused before alarmed thinking the worst. "Mom!"

"Lucas! Help!" His mom screamed once more.

Getting out of bed. Lucas made sure to grab his baseball bat by his bed out of natural reflexes making his way downstairs.  pausing  he glanced momentarily towards the still closed entertainment room door. For a moment Lucas briefly wondered what his mother was screaming about when he heard it again. The language was more for him than at him. If he knew anything about his mother if she had found M. She would rip his door down and beat it with it and since that wasn't happening, his blood ran cold . M did say her father was after her. What of they found her and got his mother? Ready to beat anyone who dared to harm his mother. His grip tightened around his bat in a firmer hold, Lucas jumped from around the corner with it lifted in the air and,

"Mom..."He lowered it. "Really?"

Placing the bat down on the side. He stepped in seeing his mother, a grown woman, half on top of on the kitchen isle pointing down the floor.

"Get it! Kill it! Get it and kill it!" Dixie also known as Dixie​ Friar demanded before screaming again as the object in question moved.

Seeing what she was seeing. Lucas rolled his eyes at the microscopic spider on the floor trying to run away.

"You know," Lucas went getting a cup and paper towel "Its more afraid of you than you are of it."

"Listen here," Dixie began seriously ready to tell her son how she didn't give a bees knees when the bug moved causing her to scream again "Just kill it!"

Chuckling, Lucas put the cup over it before sliding the paper underneath.  Picking it up, he went towards the nearby window letting it go.

"Alright wonder woman," Lucas mused as the spider hurriedly crawled away "Its gone. You can come down now."

"Its not funny, " Dixie clipped but got down "Those things can bite or be poisonous."

"And what would you do if I wasn't here to kill it?" Lucas asked with a charmed smiled  as his mom crossed him to put the cup in the sink.

"Move." Dixie told him serious pulling out some lysol.

Lucas grinned at his hair brained mother. The most caring, slight ocd crazed, yet understanding, determined woman. Who stood a slender five foot eight with honey brown hair and soft warm green eyes. He couldn't have asked for a better one.

"So, How was the game last night?" Dixie continued as she ran water to soak the cup.

Lucas who was deciding on what to sneak upstairs since his mother had a 'No food anywhere but the kitchen' policy, shrugged nonchalant.

"We lost."

"Awe Luke," Dixie frowned disapproving. Sports being a big thing in his house "I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?"