chapter 4

If there was one thing Mike regrets, it was his stubbornness. Everybody had told him that he's not good enough to make it; to become famous. And now he had to admit that they were right. Or...

Or prove them that he's not just a talentless guy with guitar, but an artist.
So he took his beloved guitar, his jacket and went to the small cafeteria near the center of the city.

Owner of the cafeteria allowed him to play for an hour and, if Mike was good, stay for longer and even play for money.
He had to be the best. It wasn't his last chance, of course, but Mike had his pride and begging for job wasn't in his style.

He sat in the corner of the room, tuned the guitar and began to play some chords.

The place wasn't crowded at all; just a few people drinking their coffees. They seemed nice, comparing to last night's audience. Nobody was shouting, nobody looked at Michael with disguise, nobody told him to get out.

At the beginning, Mike was a bit afraid of singing. But after a few songs he realized that people were enjoying the music and he began to sing, quietly from the start, then, with time, louder and more audibly.

When his time was over, he put his guitar back to the case, bowed and thanked for their attention. He wasn't expecting a loud applause from the audience.

He was going to leave, but the owner stopped him.

"Hey, you aren't that bad, you know"

Mike smiled. That was a nice thing to hear, especially from this guy.

"Thanks, also for the chance, it means a lot to me..."

"Don't be so humble" he patted Mike's shoulder "I wasn't going to pay you, but take this, you did an excellent job"

He handed Michael a few dollars, enough to but a proper dinner for, like, four days.

"Woah, thank you"

"Just keep on rockin', kiddo, see you on friday"

Then Mike left the cafeteria with a big grin on his face and some money in his pocket.

***
woah i forgot about this story :/