Chapter 4

Cinderpelt watched in horror as the three toms leaped on Tigerclaw. She turned to Fireheart and Graystripe, but they were both frozen in astonishment. She took a step forwards to help, but the tiny black tom stopped her.

"Sorry," he said, taking a step toward her. "We wouldn't want anything to happen to your pretty pelt, now would we." He raised a paw to lick it.

Cinderpelt gasped at the sight of dog teeth on his claws. She suddenly realized that cats' claws hung from his purple kittypet collar. She raised her head slowly to gaze at the smirk on his face, narrowing her eyes. "You piece of fox-dung. You...you unfeeling foxheart."

The smug look on his face turned to confusion. "How come?"

At this, Cinderpelt leaped on him, knocking him off his paws. "How dare you?!" she snarled in his face. "How dare you steal the claws of others?"

Instantly, the small black tom rolled her over, putting the power into his own paws. "I didn't steal them, you fool. Those cats were dead." He raised a paw. "And now, you will be too."

Cinderpelt braced herself. A sharp pain hit her somewhere in the head. The weight of the small black tom abruptly disappeared. Cinderpelt let herself relax. Hello, StarClan.

"Cinderpelt! Wake up! What's wrong with you, we're outnumbered."

Cinderpelt blinked open her eyes to see Graystripe standing over her. Blood welled from the scratch on her nose where the black tom's claws had succeeded when he tried to kill her but was knocked over. A tail-length or so away, he fought with Fireheart.

Unfortunately, Fireheart appeared to be losing. The black tom opened his mouth to nip at his neck. Cinderpelt froze. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. Before she knew what she was doing, she was racing forwards, her heart in her throat. She let out a loud battle screech and jumped into the air, aiming for the tiny cat. A large paw suddenly appeared and slammed into her, shoving her backward and knocking the wind out of her.

Author's Note:

So... I suddenly discovered that I wrote this back in 2018 before I discontinued this story.  I have not written anything else for this book and have no plans to, but I thought you guys might like to have this.  I don't think this was where I had intended to end the chapter, but that's all there is, and I guess it's only fitting that I leave it here and let you guys guess what was going to happen next, because I honestly can't remember.  I'm sorry for being so abrupt, but I haven't read Warriors in years, and I've sort of lost interest in it (but if you like it, I hope you continue to find fanfiction for it that you will hopefully love ;D).  Have a nice day!

                                                                                              - melodyfc