Chapter 2: Priorities

A/N: hey guys! I don't usually release 2 chapters at once but I want you guys to get a feel for the characters, so don't expect this often. Let me know what you think of the book. Leave me comments! Without further ado enjoy!
(I didn't read this chapter before uploading because I'm lazy, so it may be edited in the future)

[Eric's POV]

Today is the day I've waited for for so long. My 19th birthday which just so happens to be a blood moon on the same day. Because of the overlapping dates I'm positive I'll have a mate by tomorrow morning. I can't wait to find them!

I'm getting way ahead of myself, first off I'm a werewolf and the soon to be Alpha of my pack. Most werewolves my age have a mate by now but I don't for whatever reason because I guess the moon goddess likes watching me suffer. Now there's a difference between having a mate and finding your mate. I don't have a mate because the moon goddess hasn't chosen my mate yet, but I know today will be the day.

I've already started my Alpha training so once I find my mate I'll complete my training and be crowned Alpha with my Luna at my side. We'll have lots of pups and I'll love them with all my heart. Oh gosh I'm sounding like a schoolgirl, even though I'm almost the opposite: I'm 6'3 with brown hair, rather large muscles, and killer abs. Oh I make so many people cream their jeans when they see me, it's a little fun not gonna lie.

I wanted to spend the day looking for my mate to see if I'd be given a match early but of course I had obligations to do. Since it was a blood moon we had a run through the forest for the young adult members of the pack and because I was an Alpha in training I had to lead it with my dad.

My dad was a great guy, he was funny, a good leader, great with pups, and was able to get along with humans, but he could have kind of a temper when he felt threatened or challenged which, unfortunately, happened a lot. My mother could always calm him down though, which was always a funny sight to see this petite 5'5 woman taming a huge 6'3 werewolf. My dad was scary but my mom was even scarier because she didn't care if you were a werewolf or not she'd still knock you upside the head. Still my mom is one of the sweetest women I know.

My brother Michael is a different story however; we're very close and he is an amazing person but I can't help but feel as if he holds some kind of grudge against me, most likely because I'm first in line for the position of Alpha. He is as high of a position as a beta since he's second in line but I kinda feel bad since fate put him below me. We used to be so close as kids and I'd teach him all sorts of things, and he'd want to follow me everywhere, but ever since he started middle school he's just gotten more and more distant and it worries me.

Anyways I was running with my dad in front of the pack members that decided to join us, about 15 or so. I loved being in wolf form so much, I just felt more free. We darted through the woods close to full speed and eventually made it to an amazing place. It was a waterfall that led into a crystal lake. We stopped at the top of the waterfall and looked down at the nice water and my wolf told me Dive! So obviously I did and felt the cool water absorb into my fur as I doggy paddled my way to the shore, shaking off the access water once I reached it.

I still needed to talk to Smitty, my Beta, about any recent attacks. I also needed to talk to Michael once he got home about the midnight run tonight. I also needed to continue training with my dad sometime today.

I don't know if you've noticed but my life has been a little stressful recently. I mean, I'm going to be leading the vary pack I was raised in. I can't help but think that they won't want me as their Alpha, but I know I can do great things.

I smelled exhaust fumes in the air and heard the rumble of car engines meaning Michael should be home, I want him to help me lead the run tonight, I feel like this could be a good opportunity for us to maybe reconnect a little.