Chapter 4: Pack House

"What did you just say?" I asked backing away. This was a little too weird, I mean people's eyes don't just change color right?

Eric snapped back to reality when we heard Michael groan. The very large man said, "You. Follow me."

Eric started for the door and at this point I felt at least a little confident enough to protest, "No."

He looked at me as if I just slapped him, "Excuse me?"

Now I was less confident, "I want to make sure Michael's okay."

I heard a small sound from the beast of a man, almost like a... growl? "Look, it's cute that you're worried but I'm calling a doctor and you're gonna answer some questions kid."

Oh goodness. Not wanting to anger the man I followed. Eric led us down another hallway and we kept passing people: some of them I knew from school, and they just gave confused looks and kept walking. I was a little embarrassed at this point.

I was trying to hide my face when I heard a familiar voice, "Jamie?"

I turned around and saw none other than... "Wait, Charlie?"

Charlie walked up to me wearing his pajamas and holding a toothbrush, looking rather confused, "What are you doing here?"

"I had to drive Michael here," I said, "I just saw you at the movies: what are you doing here?"

He chuckled a little bit, "Um. . . I live here, remember?"

"Apparently not," I said feeling stupid.

"Well you should probably get out of here," Charlie said, a bit worriedly.

I questioned, "Why?"

As Charlie was about to answer, his face turned pale and a voice behind me said, "You should probably get out of here, Charlie."

Charlie barely waved bye to me before he scurried off down the hall. I then felt a large hand on my shoulder, "And, I told you to follow me."

"Sorry, I guess," I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I mean with the stuff I've been through, it was nice to see a familiar face.

"C'mon, let's go," and before I knew it, I was being thrown over this guy's shoulder. First of all, wow he's toned, and second, um what the fuck?

"What are you doing? Put me down," I demanded.

"Sorry, but you're kinda slow," Eric said.

"Well, we don't all have as tall of legs as you," I snapped back. Frankenstein's monster looking ass.

He just chuckled. He got to a door and began climbing up stairs to the 3rd floor. If you ever thought it'd be scary to be carried up stairs backwards, well you'd be right.

The room seemed smaller than I anticipated. Eventually I was laid (thrown) down on a comfy yet unmade bed. Warm light filled the room and I saw it was just a larger than average bedroom. It had a nice dark wooden bed frame with a matching dresser, nightstand, and desk. I'm guessing it was Eric's room because it was kinda messy and fit the stereotype of a 20 something year old.

Eric pulled up a chair near the bed and looked at me with a questioning look, still with those golden eyes. What's up with that?

"So you Michael's friend?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, we're pretty close," I answered. I wonder why Michael never mentioned me.

"What were you guys doing when he got the head pains?"