Prolouge

Glory woke up with a shout.

It had been ten years since she had become queen and she still had nightmares about that day.

Deathbringer slept peacefully beside her, not even bothered by her shout.
Some bodyguard you are. Glory thought with a smirk.

She rose, careful not to wake Deathbringer and walked out onto the pathway.
The village was calm at night, glory liked that, while there were nightwings up and about, they tended to keep to themselves.

Glory reached a platform overlooking the treetops to find moon and kinkajou having a quiet conversation in the moonlight. Ten years ago, glory would have never though the words quiet and kinkajou could ever be used in the same sentence.

Moon was the first to notice the presence of glory, she nodded politely giving an motion to come sit down.

Kinkajou was a pastel blue all over, with age she had grown into a long, sleek dragon. although she never outgrew her outgoing personality, she had calmed down over the years.

Glory sat down next to kinkajou.
"What are you doing up so early?" She asked.

"I could ask the same of you" kinkajou responded with a smirk.

"We were talking about my recent visions" moon added politely.

Visions glory thought, that's never good, the last thing I want is another prophecy.

"What visions?" Glory inquired.

"Mostly just flashes." Moon said, pausing
"there will be a tropical storm sometime in the next few weeks, I typically get flashes of mundane everyday things. But what's been concerning me is the icewings."

"Icewings?" Glory asked, her concern rising.

"Something is happening, or will happen in the ice kingdom, something big, something they don't want us to know but can't hide for much longer" moon said, her eyes glazing over.

Glory glanced at the moon globe tree that had been planted in the center of the pavilions, the seed had been given to them by the icewings long ago. The tree helped visitors navigate at night.

Glory flipped through her knowledge of recent icewings politics, queen glacier died years ago as a result of a plague, this left the ice kingdom in disrepair, causing a civilian overthrow of the monarchy, after years of civil war, they installed a democratic monarchy to uphold traditions while giving citizens a say in politics.
Current heirs to the throne were, princesses selkie and whitecap, daughters of queen foxfur.

Glory realized she had zoned out for a good 30 seconds and snapped back into conversation.
"Do you know exactly what it is the icewings are hiding?" She questioned.

"Maybe queen glacier is still alive!" Kinkajou interjected, "ooh or the queen is a hybrid! Or the princesses are illegitimate heirs!"

"I'm not sure what it is, but whatever that may be, I'm not sure it will affect the rain and night kingdoms" moon said, giving kinkajou a patient look.

The sky was starting to turn a light grey color as the sun began to emerge from behind the trees.

"Well I'm off to bed" moon said. As she left she intertwined tails with kinkajou who looked just a tiny bit embarrassed by the act.

—-

Glory and kinkajou sat quietly in the remaining moonlight. Glory looked over to kinkajou's wing and winced at the sight of the three holes in her wing,remnants of the incident that had happened on the day glory had become queen.

"I'm concerned about moon" kinkajou blurted out, breaking the silence.

"Why is that?" Glory asked.

"She's been stressing over her visions for roughly a month now,she doesn't talk much about them much, but I can tell they are bothering her. They are getting more frequent." Kinkajou replied.

Glory felt a flash of shame, she had felt it her duty as queen to know what was happening in her subjects lives and yet had entirely missed this. Purple began to pulse up her legs before she hid it, making her scales a uniformed grey-green.

"It's good that you noticed." Glory said

"someone has to look out for her." kinkajou said, a slight pink had crept onto her ruffs and ears.

Glory stood up, "I'm going to see if anyone else is awake" she stated, walking away. She stopped walking mid-step"oh. An kinkajou?"

Kinkajou leaned in, listening for her next instructions

"I want you to tell me of any visions moon has from this point forward,ok?"

Kinkajou paused,"yeah,can do" she said hesitantly.

And with that, glory left.