Chapter 52: Getting Good Reviews (again!)

🌹🌟🌹🌟🌹🌟🌹🌟🌹🌟🌹🌟🌹

"Good evening, San Francisco!" Heath called. As bad as Meredith's shows were getting, Heath's were getting that much better. He was interacting more, his performances were amazing, and crowd response was getting more and more frenetic.

And the audience had just begun to not come to Meredith's show, coming later and later and ignoring her performance. She was opening to half filled seats, and audiences who were talking and texting during her show. It had begun during the LA shows, and it was very obvious during the San Francisco show. Like when she was in LA, Meredith left the stage to cry to her friends.The energy level went way up while the crew set up for Heath's show, and the seats filled up during the thirty minute break. The crowd was rocking and rolling by the time he took the stage.

MJ watched from the wings, like she always did, unable to take her eyes off him. He was so sexy. MJ wondered if Heath knew he could walk off stage, grab her, and have his way with her, right then, every single night if he wanted to. The way he sang, with his eyes closed, the way he swayed, leading with his hips, the way his pants curved just right...damn, he was fine.

The show was already nearing the end, and Heath had performed his new songs, which were very well received, and were racing up the charts.

MJ looked across the stage and saw Meredith, watching Heath, just as intently as she, MJ, had been.

WTF?

She, MJ, was allowed. She, MJ, was his girlfriend, his lover, his chosen.

Meredith was no one, nothing.

MJ felt  prick of jealousy in her chest.

Meredith flicked her eyes to the audience, which was swaying along with Heath, eight thousand sets of eyes riveted to his every move.

MJ's jealousy melted away.

Poor Meredith.

She tuned in to Heath's words when she heard her name.

WTF?

"I didn't tell her about this, because, as we all know, MJ is a shy flower, and she never would've agreed. If I'd told her in advance, she'd breaking the sound-speed barrier somewhere in Canada by now. But like I said, she's been signed to a label, my label, and she's working on an album, and you lot are going to get a sneak preview of some of the songs on that upcoming album, you lucky--erm--people, you," he finished with his signature smile.

He looked over at MJ, still smiling, as MJ looked back, shaking her head.

"Now now, darling, no shaking your head, please, you're just going to sing a couple of the wonderful, beautiful songs you've written and sing so well, songs you know like the back of our hand, yeah? And your good friend Heath is going to back you up because he's so good at it, isn't he?" He made scooting motions toward himself. "Come on, come on," he repeated. "No more of this nonsense, MJ."

MJ saw Meredith staring at her, a molten look that could've liquefied metal. MJ swallowed hard, and stepped out on stage to tumultuous applause, reaching out for Heath's hand. He kissed her hand as he grasped it, causing the audience to give a collective gasp and an "Awww," of longing. Heath turned to the audience with a raised eyebrow, shaking his head, before turning back and picking up his guitar.

"You could've told me, I wouldn't have run away," MJ contradicted him as she picked up her guitar and tuned it."

"Please, you could've qualified for the Olympic sprinting team, you would've been running so fast," Heath retorted with a grin.