Chapter 16

Monday, March 25th.

Two Months Later

Jewelanna's POV

It's been two months since I last talked to Derrick, the first two weeks he would pop up on me and call me but I would either never answer or just short word him. Yeah, I know I should be hurt about everything that's going on, but love him and I know he loves me. If this was just some bet to him then I highly doubt he would be trying so hard to get my attention again. He sends flowers and fruit baskets to my house every other day.  It's not that I just been ignoring him, but I have been busy trying to get my company in Miami together and my life there together as well. I was putting off trying to find a house there because I didn't know if I really want to move or not. Part of me wanted to stay here in New York with everyone, but I feel as though I should move away for a fresh start. Every since Derrick and I "broke up", things just haven't been working out in my favor. I finally decided to look for a place to stay and I'm leaving Wednesday to go look at it. My company is almost finished, it will be completely done on the 18th of April, and I will be moving down there in the middle of May. I have already hired my employees. I'm excited to see what being in a new state and working with new people will bring.

The only problem is, I haven't told anyone yet. Not even the people who work for me here in New York. I sent out a mass email to everyone in the building that we are going to have a meeting in the conference room. Our conference room is on the top floor, it's only two rooms up there, our printer room and the conference room. The conference room is big enough to fit everyone who works in the company comfortably, it looks similar to a college classroom.

 The conference room is big enough to fit everyone who works in the company comfortably, it looks similar to a college classroom

I waited about 15 minutes before leaving my office that way everyone got her on time. Walking into the room, everyone was talking to the people around them trying to figure out why we were here. I never hold a meeting for everyone together, I usually just have the head editors from each floor meet with me and then I'll just have them share the information with the rest of the people.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" I waited for everyone to quiet down, "Okay so, I don't want this meeting to belong. I am going to get straight to the point, I have enjoyed workings with all of you for the last few years, some of you have become family to me and many others around here. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people. Now I know you all are wondering why yall are here together, well it's because I am moving." A few people gasped, "I decided a few months back that I wanted to open up another Jewelanna Secrets, as you all may know I have three companies but this is the only company I started from the ground up. This new Jewelanna Serects will be located in Miami, the company will be finished in the middle of April. I will be leaving in the middle of May, so with that being said, I am coming up with a team to run this place while I run Miami. I will be coming back and forth as I do for my other two companies but I will not be here every day as I am now. Miami will become my new home, I have a few spots still open in each field if you are interested please come to me and let me know we can work some things out, and that also goes with the team I am in the process of creating. I have already picked the Head Chairman, or should I say woman, and that it Mrs. Brianna Johnson from publishing. If you would meet me after this in my office please, I will let you all know what is going to happen from here on out as it happens please be sure to check your emails. Any questions?" I looked around.