ONE

-  t o k y o   p

-  t o k y o   p . o . v  -

The air was tense and damp—having been rained on just a few hours ago—creating puddles of murky water to form on the uneven asphalt.

I swung my sword back and forth lethargically as I looked up at the sky. The sky was dark, and ominous, sending a chill down my spine. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as the cold wind blew past the broken windows of the abandoned factory where I was standing behind on at the early ass crack of dawn, with zero hours of sleep and a really bad need to pee.

The cold wasn't helping. Not at all. If it weren't for the wanted cannibalistic girl in front of me I would have been sleeping instead. I shifted my gaze back at her, scrutinizing her whole being.

She was dressed in a leather jacket atop a mesh-like shirt with blood seeping through the mesh fabric and sinking into her skin. Her hair was cut unevenly, definitely the works of a bad hairstylists. Her skirt was dirty and caked with blood and...is that a thumb?

Yep, there was thumb and what looks like a dismantled, chewed up leg lying behind her.

The stench of death and rotting trash made me want to puke. Ok calm down Seoul's cooking is way worse. Scrunching my nose, I stepped forward, dragging my sword behind me. The blade against the asphalt created a sound close to nails on chalkboard. "Slow down babe, you might choke with how fast you're eating."

She snapped her heterochromatic eyes at me, tilting her head in amusement. I smiled lazily and waved. "Oh? My next meal already?" She sneered. "Oh well, this one didn't taste good anyways."

She bent down, ripping the two talon knives stuck on to her previous victim's open chest and kicking the dead body below her. She licked the dark clotted blood off her knife, tongue swirling around the silver blade.

"Lowkey, that would've been hot but I'm just not into cannibalism. Anyways...You done yet?" I asked, fighting the urge to yawn. I was one tired bitch.

"Far from it." She smiled, showcasing sharp teeth enhanced to rip flesh. "I'm just getting started."

I studied her build as we circled each other. Her body was conditioned, meaning she definitely knows how to fight. Of course she wouldn't be wanted in three states if she was just your local crackhead. I took notice of how  her hands kept fidgeting with her knives. She's definitely not comfortable with its build and weight. I smirked, knowing she was more of a close combat killer.

Close combat killers specialize in hitting pressure points to immobilize their prey. Using their hands instead of weapons are their strongest point. She picked her knife only because she felt threatened by my sword. How unfortunate.

She knew she didn't stand a chance.

"Get ready to die." The raven haired girl yelled, baring her shark-like teeth at me—who was standing a few feet in front of her. "I'll claw your eyes out and rip your throat off with my teeth!"

"You know you should really see the dentist." I teased as I gripped onto the ribbed handles of my saber, feeling it mold perfectly with the curves of my hands. Unlike her, my weapons fit my hand perfectly, the weight of it moved in sync with my movements. "I think I see a cavity or two in there."

"Die!" With an animalistic scream, the raven haired girl charged at me, running naruto style with her two talon blades in each hand.

Grinning, I set up my stance and readied my sword. I never make the first move, always waiting for them to snap and attack on impulse. It was always the stupid ones that do.

Just as the tip of her knife was an arms away from me, I ducked. I elbowed her in the back with the hilt of my sword. She let out a grunt of pain as she stumbled on to the wet, grimy ground.

"I'll  eat your heart and feed the rest of you to my dogs!" She charged, slashing at me with vigor and strength. Even if her knife skills weren't that great I still wouldn't want to get caught in one of her knives. Seeing how much power she exerted, I could tell she cut deep.

"Say ahh!" I sang in a teasing tone, dodging every strike and jab. "I know this REALLYYY good dentist downtown he—woah!" I gasped, looking down at where she had nicked me. The blood trickled down from the cut on my stomach to the wide gash on my shirt. "This shirt is gucci!" I dropped down, round house kicking her from below, sending her to the ground with a thud making her drop her knives in the process.

She scrambled for her weapons but I kicked her in the face, extremely pissed at her for ruining my limited edition gucci shirt.

"Come on sharky! Let's fight hand to hand shall we?" I provoked, dropping my sword. "Or are you all bark and no bite?"

Shark girl smirked, wiping her bloody nose on her arm. "Oh I bite." She said, circling around me, steps wary and slow. "You want a demo?"

I giggled, raising my fists in a fighting stance. "No thanks I might catch rabies."

"You infuriate me." She snarled, making yet again the first move to claw at my face.

I stepped back, grabbing her by the wrist and twisting her away from me. "Then I'm doing my job just right." With a snap of my hand I felt her bone break.

She howled in pain, clutching her broken wrist. "I'll make sure you die a horrible slow death!" She made a run for her knives as I dove for my sword, turning around to block her with my sword just in time to meet face to face with her talon blades.

"Oh wow." I remarked as I pushed her blades back. "You really need braces."

Her left hand jabbed at my neck which I blocked with the blade of my sword only for her to pounce on the chance at sinking her other blade into my waist using her right hand.

"That's it! No more playing nice." I growled, pushing back with my sword. I kicked her backwards, sending her tumbling to the ground once more. I spun my sword on my right hand and threw it up into the air, swiftly catching it with my left and striking her in the stomach.

An airy gasp left her mouth along with a sickening sound of her insides getting impaled on the cold blade of my sword. I pushed my sword deeper, with no remorse. Twisting it ever so slightly, feeling little to no resistance as she dropped to her knees, hands holding weakly onto mine. I looked her in the eyes, watching the color drain from her face until her last breath came out as a pathetic whimper. I ripped my sword out, breathing heavily as I stared at her dead body.

"Mizatoski Saira, also known as the gutter." I noted, typing the information into the port screen on my wrist. "Murder count, thirty. Cannibal and Wanted serial killer in three states." I shot a look at her limp body with a scowl, already feeling the rush and thrill from killing her wear off.

"What an easy kill." I muttered. "No fun at all."

Sighing heavily, I nudged her dead body, turning her over to see the wide wound where my sword had buried itself on her stomach. "I should have let you die a slow and painful death." I squatted down, eyeing her face. "You don't deserve mercy."

Mercy was something I rarely gave, she just so happens to be one of the unlucky ones who didn't deserve it.

I stood up, immediately feeling sticky and gross. "Oh damn I forgot I got stabbed." I covered the wound on my waist with my hand, feeling the warmth of my blood seep through my fingertips as I did so. I unbuckled my belt and tightened it around my waist to keep pressure on the wound to slow down the bleeding. I mounted my motorbike, taking one last look at my previous target before revving the engine and taking off.

My port screen glowed, a familiar robotic voice saying my two favorite words.

"Target eliminated."