Two: Scars

He stays silent, examining my arm- the fresh and the old scars. 

"King-" before I can get more than one word out of my mouth, he drops my arm and turns around. 

"I won't tell, but... Don't ever do it again." he scolds, walking back to the bar. 

I sat there in silence for a few more moments, trying to process what just happened. 

After a little while, I stand up, slowly walking back to the bar. I didn't want to face Mikoto after that. 

I stepped inside the dark bar. All the lights were out except for a lamp in the kitchen that was always on. I look over to my left to see the sleeping King. I step forward, trying not to wake him, while I make my way to my room. 

I hear a creak in the floor boards behind me, and just as I turn to see what it was, a pair of arms are wrapped around me. I yelped slightly, frightened. I turned around to find myself in Mikoto's arms. 

"King-?" as soon as I start speaking, his picks me up and brings me to- where is he bringing me? 

We stop at an oak door. He opens it, and walks in. The room is pitch black, and I can't see anything. 

Suddenly I am set down on what I can only guess is a bed. The bed sinks behind me and I assume that was Mikoto lying down. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind and snuggles his face into my neck. 

"King? What on earth...?" I don't finish my sentence, and look to where I can assume his face is. He opens his bright glowing amber eyes, and blinks for a moment. 

"From now on, you'll be sleeping in my room." he mumbles, words slightly muffled. I could feel his lips on my neck as he talked, tickling me. I giggled, finally breathing again when he stopped. 

"Why? What's wrong with my room?" I question, more popping into my head. I gave him a moment to answer those before I fired more at him. 

He looked me in the eyes, deafening silence filling the room. "It's too negative in there, you needed new scenery." he mumbled, tucking his face back into my neck. 

"But why are we... ?" I trailed off, looking in between us- although I knew he couldn't see it. 

"Because it's what Tatara did to keep your nightmares away, correct?" he muttered, tickling my neck more. I giggled, moving my head around. "That tickles!" I giggled more as he laughed, his hot breath on my neck. 

"Yes, but how did you know about that?" I asked after our laughing fit. I turned around to look him in the eyes, putting a little space between us as well. 

"He tells- told- me everything." he corrects himself, glancing away for a moment in sorrow. 

I smiled lightly at him, snuggling into his chest and mumbling a short "thank you" that he probably didn't hear- but probably did understand.

After a few moments, he spoke again, "Y/N?" he called. 

"Mhm?" I hummed, looking up into his eyes, realizing how close we were once again. 

We stayed like that for a few seconds- that felt like years- our lips barely brushing each other. 

"Why do you always call me King? You've never called me by my name." he points out, worry in his eyes. 

"Not to your face," I mumbled. "What was that?" "Nothing."

I stayed silent for a moment, genuinely thinking about. 

"I guess I just saw you as the emotionless King who ruled us." I shrugged. 

"You think I'm emotionless?" he asked in confusion, raising an eyebrow. 

"Well, not now, but..." I trailed off, looking away. 

He nodded. "Alright." he muttered. 

He moved one of his hands to my hips turning be back around, he laid his head back in the crook of me neck, wrapping his fingers around my small hips. 

(RIP anorexic Reader-chan, it'll get better, just wait)

I grabbed his arm, moving it around me, securing me into his chest, I let out a sigh and relax, drifting to sleep. 

~Mikoto's POV~ 

SYKE! 

~Y/N's POV~ 

I yawned, turning around, I melt into the warm chest I was used to- .............

WAIT-! 

This isn't Tatara, he's... This is Mikoto, and we're in his room, in his bed... OH LORD!

I jumped up, but was yanked back down into the same warm chest from before. "King-" 

My hair was moved out of my face by gentle fingers, silencing me. I looked up to make eye contact with Mikoto again, staring into his piercing amber orbs. 

"You shouldn't call me that," he mutters, studying my face. 

I furrowed my brows in confusion, what was I supposed to call him?

A knock sounded on the door. "Hey, Mikoto, get up, come on out! You can't sleep in there all day!" Izumo shouted from the other side. Mikoto grunted, letting Izumo know he was getting up. 

Mikoto stood up, climbing over me to get out of the bed. 

As he stood up, I examined his well-toned build, and only then did I realize three things. 

1 he is shirtless

2 he's changing

3 I'm staring 

I blushed madly, quickly getting up and heading to my own room to get dressed in something casual. 

Maybe it won't be so bad with Mikoto there for me

I walked out of my room and back to the living room. "Good morning." Izumo said to me. I smiled lightly at him, causing him to gasp. 

"Mikoto, did you see that? She just smiled!" he shrieked, setting the glass he was cleaning down and hugging me. 

I giggled a little, prying him off gently. 

Two: Scars healing