Chapter Thirty-Two

I stood in front of the mirror, staring at the necklace around my neck. The diamond heart pendant stood out, it was absolutely beautiful, even if a diamond was missing. I was planning on heading into work, just for a little while anyway. To see how things had been going and to catch up on whatever hadn't been done.

Tommy and I hadn't spoken, of course. And I refused to have him anywhere near me or the bedroom, that included Angry. The only two people I did have anything to with was Vince and Mick. The other two not a chance. Well, luckily Tommy seemed to have spent time out of the house, around Angry.

Exiting the bathroom, I walked through the hallway and into the kitchen. Opening the cupboard, I pulled out the car keys and turned back around to see Vince standing there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Where you going?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"To work, want to come? If you want, might give you that nipple piercing you always wanted." I suggested, giving him a small smile.

"Really?" He asked, his lips forming into a smirk.

"Really, really." I nodded, watching the excitement appear on his fair face.

"Alright, give me a minute." He turned away, quickly heading towards the hallway.

"Meet you in the car, Vince." I called out, watching him keep his back to me.

Vince didn't answer, nor did he turn around, all he did was give me the thumbs up and continue on walking.

Walking out of the kitchen, I walked through the lounge room. Tommy was sat there with his hands in his lap, twiddling them almost nervously. His dark brown eyes focussed on me, watching me walk pass without a word. I could see he wanted to say something, but with how I refused to pay any attention to him, he didn't speak.

Opening the front door, I walked out and over to the car and got in. Placing the key into the ignition, I turned it clockwise, listening to the engine rev to life. Within minutes, as I listened to the rumble and the quiet sounds of the radio, the door swung open and in hopped Vince.

"Ready?" I cocked an eyebrow, smirking.

"Definitely." Vince nodded, tugging on his seatbelt as I reversed out of the driveway and onto the road.

"So what are you thinking? Hoop or bar?" I ask not too far into the drive.

"Hoop hey, I reckon they're sexier." Vince chuckled.

"Think what you wanna think, Vince." I laughed, changing gears.

"What? Isn't that sexy enough for you, Sue?" Vince cocked and eyebrow and looked back to me.

"Vince, you're forgetting that this isn't for me." I smirked. "It's for you and well.. whoever." I flashed him a grin before turning back to the road. Just as I did that, the revs of the car died down and we were beginning to chug to a stop. Luckily I managed to pull it off the road a bit, so that we weren't in the middle of oncoming traffic.

"What's going on, Sue?" Frowned Vince as I turned the car off.

"I don't know." I shook my head, turning the ignition in the car, listening to it tick, trying to start, but it didn't.

"It's not out of fuel, the battery isn't dead. I don't know what's going on." I pulled off my seatbelt and reached down to the lever for the bonnet. Pulling it, I heard the thump before getting out of the car and heading towards the front of the car. Vince did the same, following me around to the front as I pulled the bonnet up, staring down at the engine.

"Sue, can you get in and turn the ignition? I wanna see if I can hear it." Vince asked as I put the rod up to the bonnet, making sure it was stable.