Runaway (Bill POV)

I'm falling now. My hand slipped and now I'm falling through the air faster and faster until the impact hits, I hit the ice cold water at full speed and plunge downward, time slows and I'm just floating around in a sea of pain and confusion. I can't tell what's up and what's down anymore, I'm lost in the infinite abyss of fear, I'm not falling, not flying, just there in the middle of it all, floating, almost as if it's

Zero Gravity

It's so hard to breathe and I'm running out of air...I'm drowning, I reach out a hand to what I believe is the surface, stretching as far as I can reach and then everything freezes. For a moment all I hear is my heartbeat, my screams are silent.

My eyes suddenly snap open. And...they're wet. Have I been crying?

I have to be the strong one! I have to be there for Will! I wipe away my tears with the sleeve of my jacket.

My breathing is heavy, I'm hyperventilating,
it was all a dream.
I try to calm myself but it's hard, I just died!
Well...not exactly.

As my heartbeat slows to a normal speed I eventually notice I'm leaning against a window and the ground is...moving? it takes me a moment to realize I'm in some sort of vehicle.
Where am I?

I turn and see Will's hand next to me, it's limp so I assume he's asleep. It's too dark to see anything else.

Suddenly, I remember. Everything is coming back. Abuse. Liars. Danger.
I had to get Will out of there!
He doesn't deserve that life.

We ran away with one duffel bag of our things, and we caught the first bus we could see, fortunately it's going a long way away from our "home".

It's so dark, I didn't know bus driver's were allowed to drive at this time. Looking for the hour I glance where I can feel a watch on my wrist. Too dark to see though.

I stole this watch. Mother and Father would never spend money on me, so me and Will had to mooch off of strangers and even relatives to get pretty much everything.

It wasn't a good place to be, I would have stayed had it been the slightest bit safer. But it wasn't safe at all, part of me wants to get off of this bus and run back home where I belong, but...I don't belong there.

Instinctively, I look down at my arm to remind me I didn't belong. I can't see it without light but I know It's red and bruised and parts of it bleed or are enflamed. I can hear my father's yells echoing through my mind. I can feel the powerful force just as I felt myself hitting the water in my dream.

Sure, it hurt me, but I can't begin to imagine how Will felt, he never did anything wrong but father punished him anyways, for criminal association with me- the jerk twin. William has always been fragile and innocent and emotional, he deserves better.

This bus, it's going to take us somewhere better, right?

Suddenly the bus hits a pothole and everything lunges forward. Including Will. He slams into the seat ahead of us, and -of course- this wakes him up.

He grumbles and puts his hand to his head.

"A-Are we there?" He asks.

I stand up so that I can see ahead with the assistance of headlights. We pass by a sign announcing our arrival in a new town. If I'm not mistaken somewhere in Oregon. For the first time I notice we're the only people on the bus, we really have driven a long way from home.