Prologue

"What's wrong with you, darling?! Why must we take her in?! Ryuuji and I are enough for you!"

"Please listen to me, Rie! I'm sorry I had an affair, but she is my responsibility!"

"Why do you bother?! You should just let her go!"

"I... She is pregnant.."

"Hah?! As if I would believe that! Who knows if she's telling the truth?!"

"Please... Please, Rie, this is my mistake, I can't just abandon the child with her!"

In the Takahara household, a pair of couple was arguing. Hm? What happened? Well...

In short words, Takahara Takemitsu had an affair with a lady, despite already having a wife and a son.

The lady, Nakajima Misaki, became pregnant after one of their happy times. Knowing that she's pregnant, he quickly took her and the baby into his care, it was his responsibility after all.

The wife, Takahara Rie, didn't respond too well to that, the wife insisted to get rid of both of them at first, to her, the lady is a fox demon that stole her husband's love. In the end, she finally gave in to her husband's begging, in one condition, the child must not carry their surname.

Ten years had passed.

The child, given the name of Nakajima Yuuji, ended up looking just like his mother, straight black hair and pale green eyes, which disgusted the wife, even more, it reminded her of the woman that imposed her house. Misaki couldn't stand the stress, and her husband didn't help much, eventually, she began to hate her child.

"Why can't you do anything right!?" The hysterical screams could be heard from the hallways, the mother would whip her 10-year-old son with a cloth hanger from time to time, today happens to be one of those days.

"Wait- I'm sorry! Kaa-san, stop!" Yuuji said, raising his hands to defend himself. This was irritating to him, he won't care if she hit him, but everything has a limit. "Shut up!!" She screamed, continuing to hit Yuuji, even though scratches and bruises started to form on his legs and arms. "Kaa-san! I'm, sorry!" Yuuji's patience was running out, if she won't stop, he won't stay put either. "Shut up shut up shut up-!!" "I said enough!" That was it, Yuuji used all his remaining strength and pushed his mother away from him, a vase was knocked down as she fell backward.

"Mistress Nakajima! Yuuji-bocchan!" The maid and butler rushed to the room after hearing the shatter of the vase, they gasped at Yuuji's injuries, it was the worst Misaki had ever done to her child. "Did you just... pushed me?! How dare you, you useless little-!" She grabbed a piece of the broken vase and attempted to hurt Yuuji with it. "Wha-!" Yuuji let out a noise of surprise before quickly running away from his mother, she still managed to leave a scratch on his right hand.

"Mistress Nakajima! Please stop! You'll kill him!" The butler got a hold on Misaki, preventing further actions, the piece dropped to the ground. "Go away! Let go of me! I will kill him! I'll kill him!" Misaki struggled. "Mistress Nakajima, please get a hold on yourself!" The maid tried to calm her mistress, keyword tried. "Hah... haah..." Yuuji breathed heavily, holding the wound tight to stop the bleeding. 'How am I going to go to school tomorrow?' He laughed bitterly at his bruised arm and legs, dropping to the ground, leaning against the wall.

"If you hadn't been born-! My life won't be like this!!" The mother collapsed on her knees, clutching her head as she released a bloodcurdling scream before losing her conscious. "Treat Yuuji-bocchan's injuries, I'll take care of mistress Nakajima." "Un, I got it." The butler picked Misaki up and placed her on her bed, while the maid went to Yuuji, asking if he can stand. "I'm alright, just tired." Yuuji sighed, pushing himself off the floor.