t w e n t y - s e v e n

this is seven in gawsten & tysm omg
25-26/9/18
i'm sorry this chapter sucks it probably shouldnt suck bc it's the last chapter but i've rewritten it four times and this is the best i've got. forgive me for this pretty please.
love u

"awsten?"
he bit his lip and turned quickly, body aching as he spun. the man looking back at him- why was he here?
"geoff?"
"aws- why are you here in la?" geoff's voice shook slightly as he spoke, brows furrowing. "why wouldn't i be here? more importantly," awsten said, voice quivering but striding forwards nevertheless, "why aren't you at home?"
geoff just looked confused, and nausea started to roll in the pit of his stomach. he knew what had happened. he sank down in the chair opposite geoff, drink clenched in one hand.
geoff acted like he had been slapped in the face.
"don't tell me-"
"yup."

awsten had never felt so fucking stupid.
of course this would happen to him because he was an idiot who couldn't even meet up properly the first time he had gone outside in weeks and it backfired of course it backfired fuckfuckfuckfuck.
it felt as if he was drowning, thrashing against the waves that continued to drag him beneath, taking the air from around him and packaging it up with ribbons, shoving it on a shelf too high to reach. the bubble had been popped, the dragon awoken, bridge broken. bones cracked. it was him who had plunged both of them into this hole, the atmosphere taut with awkwardness and awsten's head swam with disappointment in himself.

"i'm not mad."
the words came out of nowhere, a rope for him to climb. he used it to pull himself into reality, to step back into his body and his mind.
geoff's hand was covering his own, the pressure welcome and familiar.
his chest ached with relief.

...

somehow, geoff managed to secure the seat next to him. familiarity overwhelmed him and it was like a blanket he pulled up, smothered himself in until he was immersed in the comfort of geoff. breaths came easily, the nausea in his stomach quieting to a gentle lapping, like the waves upon the shore.

jawn picked them both up at the airport, full of soft touches and gentle words and everything felt right. soothing, like it had been dipped in honey. the edges of his vision were blurred to static, fuzzy and fluffy.
houston airport had never felt so welcoming.