Chapter 8: Memories Of The Past

I sigh as I take a seat on the floor. "I haven't been that active since I was in my grade school years. Heck, ever since I got into technology, I've gotten pretty sluggish if I think about it." I say.

Max just chuckled. "Then how about we call it a night and tomorrow we can continue your training? I'm sure you'll get better and fit like you were a child high on sugar." He says.

"Okay. But, just so you know, I have some strength using my feet and legs. So if I'm on the ground, I think I could hold off whoever/whatever just so happens to be on me." I say.

I yawn and I soon get home via Violet's portal. I collapse on my bed and I fall asleep. I wake the next morning doing my usual school preparations.

I get through my first four classes and once I was in my fifth period, I played my violin.

"You're really good at that, Alyssa. You should play something at N-Tek." Violet suggests.

"Sorry Violet. I don't really play in front of a group of people as a solo. I'm more used to having either a partner or I'm performing with the entire class. Besides, I'm not that good." I say.

"Sure you are. Just believe you can do it and I'm sure you'll do great!" Violet says.

I give a small chuckle to avoid attention. "Talk to me after school is over. I'd rather not gain unwanted attention." I say.

With that, I finish school for the day and I soon find myself at N-Tek training with Max and Steel.

My limbs felt like they were going to fall off but I pushed that aside and continued until it was over.

"You're getting faster. What's got you all motivated all of a sudden?" Max asked.

"I guess its more than the thought that Makino will be here soon, but more or less about how real everything has become. I wouldn't have even thought of training if it meant I could get hurt. I'm a dreamer, and I tend to fantasize about 'what ifs' and 'what coulds.'" I began.

"But ever since I met Violet and got to meet you and Steel, I still can't wrap my head around it. Things I've only ever dreamed of coming to life. I've always thought about how I'd meet a character that I really wanted to meet. Whether I was taken to their world or they came here, I knew the only way I could ever meet them would be in stories I'd make."

"When I was younger, I would always make wishes as I fell asleep. Hoping that they would come true. And as I got older, I started to get into many things because of friends and family. If I had known that becoming obsessed with the things others had shown me, I would have either rejected them or never meet the friends I have today."

"But for what its worth, I'm really glad that I'm where I'm at." I finish. I take a sip of water and sigh.

"Sorry if I was rambling. I'm still trying to stop being so talkative." I say. Max shook his head.

"Honestly, its totally fine. Though you surprised me being so open about your life. Its like you telling all of that not only lifted a weight from your shoulders, but it gave you some kind of light." He says.

"Light? What do you mean by that?" I ask confused. "I'm saying that you have that aura or vibe that tells people that you're willing to help them and consul them. You give a light that can almost pierce through the darkness that nearly covers and controls everyone's lives." Max points out.

I thought for a moment. "Are you sure? I know that I try to keep those I surround myself happy but, there are some people who might take what is said and they don't get better." I say.

"Even if they don't take it into account, you did what you could to help. Now, how about we continue this training session instead of mopping around in the past?" he asks.

"You're on." I say smiling. We get into position and then we charged towards each other. By the time we finished two more rounds, I yawned and felt like noodles.

Max and Steel used their Turbo Flight mode to take me home and I let myself crash without eating anything for dinner like usual.

'This training is really tiring but at least I'm getting better.' I thought drifting into the darkness of sleep.

In my dream, I found myself in Copper Canyon again. 'What am I doing here?' I ask myself.

The scene shifts to a high school and I see Max with his friends. "So you guys helped Max Steel take down Extroyer and that one dude fell asleep." Max says.

"I still think it was a dream." Kirby says. I chuckle. 'So I'm dreaming about episode 24 of season one? Guess it makes sense seeing as I watched the show at least a hundred times to exaggerate.' I thought.

Everything changes to a different scene I almost didn't recognize. It was a memory.

I was laying on my bed, whispering my wishes to no one. I then saw it shift to me playing with my brothers.

We were play fighting and I had been using my feet to attack. Then I had made the boys fly by holding their hands and my feet positioned on their chests.

Another memory showed me with two of my brothers and we were playing in the rain. We pretended that we could control the storm. Me with the wind, and my brothers with one doing the rain and the other with the lightning and thunder.

I smile remembering everything I had done. Even moments where I had said mature things for my age to cheer my dad up. I even see what seemed to be me with all of my family and friends. Each version of me with each set of friends I had made.

Soon I wake up and everything fades away like it was: a dream. I checked my phone and saw a message from Max.

'Whenever you see this, training will be canceled. My Uncle Ferrus wants to have me concentrate on my own training. But I'll try to come by when I can.' He had sent.

I thought about what I saw in my dream. I knew that whatever the reason I was given the chance to see past memories, I felt like I could become stronger.

I felt like my past experiences, good and bad, are what make me strong and motivated to never give up. I've been surrounded by many people and those who helped me, I know that they would be counting on me to help save Earth from Makino.

To give birth to a new future that I know will give everyone the light that they needed to shine. And I knew that I was ready to help carve the path to a bright future.