Chapter 2

🐍🐍🐍

He raised his head when the sound of somebody sitting next to him caught his attention.

"Hi, Channie," the new person said, Chan answered with a smile to the guy with coral colored hair that took place next to him. "Sorry for being late, I was helping with something in my classroom."

Chan laughed and shook his head.

"It's okay, Felix," Chan said. "And, you're using Korean, what a great surprise!"

"Ah, yes. I realized that if I want to improve my Korean skills, I need to use it more frequently," Felix said, looking a little bit embarrassed.

"That's what I've been telling you since we moved to Korea, you genius," Chan answered and then hit Felix's head with his hand; Felix blushed.

"Don't talk to me about making progress when you can't even make friends, hyung. At least I have a good relationship with my classmates, what about you?" Felix spoke in English, trying to sound firm and avoiding the stutters that he would generally make when speaking Korean.

Chan looked away, slightly embarrassed of himself with an obvious frown on his face.

"I..." Chan stopped, a sad look on his eyes, "I just don't want to—" he couldn't finish his speech since Felix had grabbed both of this hands and held them in between his own.

"Channie, don't do this to yourself," he said, looking straight into Chan's eyes. "I know the people in the school we used to attend were jerks, but that doesn't mean they will be like that here too, don't close yourself just because you're afraid of not being to the liking of others," Felix squeezed Chan's hands. "I know you, hell, I've known you my entire life, and I know you're an amazing and funny person. Don't take away the right of others, and of yourself, of meeting you, just because you can't speak. If somebody wants you in their lives, they will do it even if you have a different way of communicating," he finished, smiling softly.

Chan lowered his head, trying to hide the tears that filled his eyes and freed his hands from Felix's, "Stop making me want to cry, you idiot. I didn't ask for a younger brother for this," Chan said, making Felix burst in laughter.

"First of all, you didn't ask for me at all, one year old you couldn't have done that," Felix laughed again, his laugh quickly making Chan laugh too. "And second, you know you love me so stop being ridiculous."

Chan smiled and pulled Felix into a tight and uncomfortable hug which Felix tried to escape in vain. Both laughing and enjoying each others company.

🐍🐍🐍

A few days went by after Felix told him about opening himself more to his classmates, however, not a lot of progress was made. It was easier to just say 'Go and talk to somebody' than actually do it. Because how was he supposed to go and be friendly with others if he couldn't even say Hi to start a conversation? Chan sighed as their literature teacher entered the room and a few minutes after the class started.

And that's when Chan realizes that he had no pencil case inside his backpack, which meant no pens or pencils for him. He suddenly felt the need to scream, although he obviously couldn't. He allowed himself to feel miserable for a second, and then looked around to see if he could ask somebody for one.

The guy at his left was looking at him, not in a creepy way, just like wondering why he was moving so much or looked like a dark cloud had taken place above him suddenly. Chan kind of smiled to the boy and then went back to his misery.

You should ask him, he seems nice. The voice of the reason spoke inside Chan's head, although Chan wasn't so sure about doing that. He sighed, it was time for him to actually 'speak' to somebody for once.