Chapter 1

Mezmerelda's PoV

It has been over ten years since we all left that horrific place. My family, the kids we care for, and I have started a very high class Mafia. Our Mafia actually became so notorious that the government decided to employ us to do their dirty work. Not that we mind or anything. It just means that we get to do legal things by using illegal methods. Speaking of which, I have an assassination to do dear readers. You see, there's this hot shot mayor running this city, and he's been embezzling money from pretty much everyone. Not really someone anyone wants to be their leader.

"Is Asshole in position," I ask Grace through the headset. Then I hear static before her reply.

"No. Cross hasn't gotten him into snipe spot yet," Grace informs me. For the love of Lucifer, what is he doing? Soon after I asked myself that, there was static coming from the bug that Grace placed on a trashcan; indicating that they were getting closer. A few minutes later, I heard their voices.

"What did you bring me out here for? I'm a very busy man ya know," the asshole complained. Sheesh, he's such a whiner...

"Oh, I just wanted to tell you that we know that you're embezzling money from the citizens," Cross replied so nonchalantly, calm. I giggled to myself when I heard that asshole of a mayor stumble backwards.

"You h-have no proof o-of this," that jerk stuttered. Static then came through the headset.

"Sis, he's in position now," Grace said through the static.

"About time. I really want to show the people from the 4th wall what I'm going to do," I replied cheerfully.

"Please stop breaking the 4th wall... It's just odd," Grace commented. I snickered in response. Time to shoot this sucker down.

"Bow of tormented souls," I said with my voice echoing slightly. I held out my hand and a transparent black bow appeared. Right as I pulled back the string of this bow, an arrow that looked exactly like like the bow appeared ready for the kill. Smirking to myself, I let go of the string; letting the arrow fly at frightening speeds.

"Ya know bud, you're dead right were you stand," Cross said ominously to the asshole; however, he didn't have a chance to respond before getting hit in the head with the arrow. I then released the spell that I used.

"That's another job finished," Cross chimed from the headset. He must have deactivated the bug. I smiled. We are quite the well oiled machine.

"Welp, Cross and I are going home. What about you sis," Grace asked.

"I'm going to walk around the city before I head home. And go make a deal," I respond.

"What is it this time? Weapons or narcotics," Cross questions.

"Narcotics. I heard that my supplier here has some new merchandise," I explain.

"Be careful. We don't have any allies here," my little sister stated worriedly.

"I'll be fine. Remember who you're talking to," I replied sassily. With that said we said our goodbyes.

*time skip brought to you by new characters*

I was walking around downtown, when I spotted the alley I needed to go down. A minute later, I was walking down the alley glaring at everyone down it. Eventually, I reached the booth with an French looking man.

"Ah! Queen of Blood! Good to see you. What brings you here today," he says with a heavy French accent.

"Lord of Narcotics, I'm here to see what's new in your stock," I said.