Lunar Eclipse 0945 : Message Recieved

There was a deafening screech followed by a loud roar. Flames licked the tree tops nearby sending the wolves diving for cover.

"Stupid bird! I told father they were useless," The beta from Greystone shouted.

"Blame the dragon," someone else said.

Napalm grabbed Chevy's arm and pushed him back down. "What the hell are you doing, pup?"

"I'm going to deal with those two," Chevy said matter-of-factly.

The older were looked at him like he was missing a few screws.  "The hell you are. Dom'll kick my ass if anything happens to you or his kid."

Chevy rolled his eyes.  He was a leader and soldier.  Fighting and defending were in his nature.  "I can handle myself."

Napalm smacked him upside the head.  "Listen to your elders, pup." He took his gun out of his waistband, released the safety, and chambered a round. He smirked back at the offended beta. "Take this. Shoot anything that ain't friendly."

Chevy snatched the gun with a pout. "I know that already."

The fairy took out their long sword. "I'll go with you."

Napalm shook his head. "Like hell. Watch this hellion. Make sure he gets to the command center safe with that flying rat in his hand."

They looked down at the rock dove who looked at Napalm with narrowed eyes as if it understood him. Another screech drew Chevy and the fairy's attention up. Napalm slipped away.

The command center at DM Central

"Sir, pack members are reporting loud roaring and screeching to the east near the neutral zone."

Dom's heart rate kicked into overdrive. Chevy and Napalm had gone out earlier to patrol and show the guests around. "Get me some old school radios, a cb, walkie talkie, morse code, smoke signals - shit anything! I need to know what's going on out there."

"Yes, sir!"

He looked over at Beta Dean.  "Get a patrol team together to go check out the disturbance. Tell them pack for a hard fight."

Dean nodded.  "On it!"

Dom caught a set of deep blue eyes across the command center. "I guess I can figure out what you're about to do."

Indigo nodded.  His mate was also out there.  He wasn't about to sit still and wait on some moon incapacitated wolves.

"Please, bring them back safely," Dom asked.

Indigo put his right fist over his heart and bowed. "Without a doubt."

***************************

Chevy fired two rounds then ducked back behind the ancient sycamore tree as fire was returned. The little bird trembled in his hand so he tucked him gently under his shirt. The fairy spread its wings and flitted up to one of the branches.

"Tell Napalm to close his eyes," it said quickly.

The young beta frowned.  "What? Why? He's in the middle of a fight."

The fairy sucked its teeth. "Stubborn beta, just do it!"

He rolled his eyes. He wasn't stubborn. Peering around the tree, Chevy cupped his hand around his mouth and shouted, "Napalm, duck and cover!"

The older wolf dove behind a log and covered his head with his hands. The fairy's hands had been balled into fists and began to glow. It held them out in from of itself and quickly splayed its fingers wide. Light as bright as the sun shot out of its palms and exploded all around them making the attacking wolves cover their burning eyes and howl in pain.

There was another roar and a larger black shadow passed over them. Chevy sighed with relief as Indigo's midnight blue dragon took on the fight from his pregnant mate. The forest floor shook as the golem approached followed by a small patrol of werewolves in a jeep.

Chevy waddle-ran to the jeep taking the bird from under his shirt. The others watched with amused curiosity as he kissed the top of the trembling bird's head. "We have to get to the command center. Whitebeard is under attack."

When they got to the command center, Chevy dodged the were trying to make sure he was alright and ignored his own mate when he asked if he was alright. He held the little bird close to his chest and handed Dom the message he'd pulled off its leg.

"We need to get to Whitebeard."

Dom read the message, a frown etched on his face. He turned to Beta Dean and the Gamma. "Get hold of Dark Moon North and Moonstone. See if they can help since they're closer. Also alert the standby team they're going to Whitebeard."

"Yes, sir."

He turned to another werewolf on a cb radio. "Send some kind of message to the other packs as well. Tell them we're in a communications black out and put their packs on red alert."

"Yes, sir."

He turned to the engineers working on their communications. "I.T., what's happening?"

The older alpha in charge of the technical stuff around the pack rubbed his tired eyes in frustration.  "It's like our hardware and software aren't working."

Dom felt his temper rising.  "How the hell is that possible!? This is top of the line shit we've spent a fortune on!"

"Everything is blocked or jammed for no blessed reason –" the redheaded were ran a hand through his hair. " I can't explain it, sir."

"I sense there is some witchcraft at work here," an older witch replied. He frowned. "But it shouldn't be this strong."

Dom scrubbed a hand over his face. "Get a search team together and find this witch! They have to be nearby for the spell to work."  Nobody fucks with Dark Moon. Nobody.

"Yes, sir!"

The Dark Moon commander gripped the railing and took a deep breath. Chevy stood behind him rubbing his back in a soothing manner.

Hold on, Sloan. We're coming.