~2~

Sierra Pov
"778,779,780! I counted the money in front of me over and over. This was only gonna cover the rent and the light bill. Im really gonna need to work more shifts. "

Im sorry to be rude, my name is sierra. I am 19 years old and i live in the projects with my baby sister. My dad's name is Christopher Robinson. Most people called him Chris though. He was king pin of these streets until he was shot in a drive by. After his death my mom wasn't the same, she started bringing different men in the house, and she would never come home. One night though a guy named James she was messing with beat her to death and left her to die. Crazy right? All because of drugs!

Its been three years now and i can say I'm making it...barely! The only reason I'm still hanging on is for Kairi. My little sister means the most to me and id die for her any day without any questions.

"Cece! Cece!" Yelled Kairi. I panicked and ran to her. Only to see her watching peppa pig on my iPhone 7 that my bestfriend  Jordan got for me. I let out a breathe of relief and sat next to her. "You hungry? "I asked. " Yea i hungry cece" she responded. I got her up put her on some clothes and headed for the door. There was a McDonald's not too far away so thats where we were eating.

I swear i hate that she has to grow up in this neighborhood. There were crackheads everywhere and its just trifling. We made our way down the street past the store with the drug dealers outside of it. I just continued to look straight and walk with Kairi. I didn't have to look up to know i had their attention, boys hit on me all the time. Im used to it though.

We made it to McDonald's and started to wait in line. We were third in line and tbh I'm surprised. This restaurant be so crowed EVERY SINGLE DAY! On top of that this one of the ones where the ice cream machine be down. I swear i be wanting to buy them ice cream myself cause that shit aggy.

I got kay a happy meal and I just got me a large fry. I didn't really eat that much so that would fill me up. We sat inside and ate our food then headed back home. I need to try and get my money up cause it's running out fast. I just don't know really how to do that. Sometimes i wish I had someone to help me but I'm too independent for that shit.