One day as I stood in my den I felt a tugging in my body. It was late summer and I was two years old. My instincts and the forces of nature were telling me to disperse. The next day I would leave to find a mate.

I ate large portion of yesterday's elk and I slept until noon. I knew the others suspected I would leave. They weren't wrong. I wasn’t tired but I needed enough sleep as possible.

The next day I left soon after the sun rose. Before I left, my father, Storm, gave me nod. I lowered my head slightly and ran off. As soon as I left the territory I would be enemies with my pack, no longer a family member. It was risky but I left anyway.

After I came several paces away from the territory I started out at a trot. It was how I most often traveled as it was faster then walking but it didn’t tire us when we traveled long distances.

Soon I came to a spring. I looked at the sky and determined to be mid-day, I headed towards south as I heard that wolf packs were plenty, they were also harsher, the mountains lied south and ferociousness was needed there, large mountain cats and cougars roamed there. Prey was also hard to come y and weather was unpredictable.

It was not uncommon to die young there. There were two main packs that I was headed for, they all were settled in the largest of the mountains. Peak Pack, the most northern, also settled in the highest peaks, supposedly they produced the best warriors in all of the Roaring Wolves Biome.

Valley pack, the most peaceful pack in the mountains, was settled between two mountain packs, they ruled the entire river along with the Tower Falls Pack, their scent flooded the river and it’s banks, reminding every animal who came near they were the strongest wolves.

Tower Falls Pack, in practically every males opinion producing the best females, their territory stretched from the water fall to the hot springs. Beyond that lay geysers and even further south human territories.

Every pup knew the Roaring Wolves Biome layout by heart. To know it was essential, if one pack wanted to change it boundaries there was a council for the surrounding packs, if it wasn’t settle there the Falls or Valley pack got involved, if they couldn’t solve it the pack was exiled from the biome or there was war.

Soon I came a pond, it had broken off from the river and no claimed it, it was claimed to be tabooed and the scent of the Falls and Valley pack contaminated it, by law the two pack would have to go to war for one side to own it. Because of those reasons no one claimed it. Therefore it was mine temporarily.

I curled in a shallow hollow in a trees roots well out of the way of the wind, no one would catch my scent for several hours and I would be protected. I looked at the moon trying to determine how much sleep I would get. It was mid-sky so I figured I had several hours to rest before dawn. I closed my eyes and slept.