Chapter 5

I yank my arm away from him turning to look at him in the eyes. Oh his eyes. I wanted to stay there forever just getting lost. I shake my head no. No Lissa. Not now, not ever.

"Like hell I am! I already have a mate!" I yell at him.

"No you can't." he whispers broken.

"Oh yes I can and you can only have one mate and mine just do happens to a lying cheating asshole! There's no way in hell I have another one!" I yell at him. Then turn in my heels running to the door and running out. Not even looking behind me. I just ran. I don't understand it. How is this possible? We only get one mate. Sure we can mate someone else but you only get one true soulmate. But it was there. All there.

The attraction, the spark, the getting lost on his eyes. Oh god what's going on here? It just doesn't make any sense. This can't be happening. I needed to get away. So I ran down stairs and out the front door. As soon as I was out I shifted and took off.

This can't be true. How can I have two mates? This wasn't the plan.

The plan was for me to finish school, leave for collage and never return. No no this isn't happening. Ugh I don't understand. I ran for hours trying to clear my head. I'll just ignore him. Yeah that's it. I'll just pretend this isn't happening. That's the best thing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landon's POV.

She's it. The one I've been looking for my whole life. I knew there was something about her when she first came in the office. I just couldn't seem to get mad at her. Although yes I did growl at her a couple of times but they were fake. I couldn't let her act or talk to me that way. But now knowing she's my mate. She's the only one that can talk to me that way.

"You alright man?" I hear Damien ask as I stare out the door she just ran thru. I nod not knowing what to say. Why did she run? We are mates.

Wait she said she already had a mate. I turn to Maggie.

"Explain!" I demand. "How does she already have a mate and what was she talking about?" I ask. She sighs.

"I don't know Landon." she answers. "You might want to sit down." she tells me. I nod an okay and go back to my desk and sit down. I nod for her to continue giving her my full attention. She sighs again. "Two years ago." she begins. "She found her mate on his birthday." she says leaving out his name. "They were together and happy for two months then on her sixteenth birthday she was going to finally give herself to him. Let him fully mate her. So she went to his house and found him in bed with the girlfriend he supposedly dumped for her. When they found out they were mates. She was devastated." she says tearing up. I know the feeling. "Well the next day we made her go to school because well she needed to go. I wasn't going to let her get depressed and fail school. So she went." she says closing her eyes. "I wish I never made her go. I lost my little girl that day." she sobs.

"What happen?" I whisper. I really didn't want to know but I needed to know.

"She use to be the sweetest, kindest, shy girl you'd ever come across. She had the biggest heart." she says wiping her eyes. "Apparently everything was going fine until lunch or something. Well he caught her and told her she was a bet. Apparently him and his friends had a bet going on how long it would take him to get her to say I love you. A thousand dollars. He broke my daughter for a thousand dollars Landon." she cries. I growl. That asshole.

"Who?!" I growled.

"Daniel Reins." she answers. I growled again. I know exactly who he is. He's Victoria's mate. I hated him before.

But now I really despise him.

I knew there was always something wrong with their relationship I just never said anything. How could he do something like that to her? His own mate.

"Victoria was the girl?" I ask already knowing the answer. She nods. That bitch! She maybe my cousin but she isn't anymore. Now I understand why she won't respect them. She's right. They don't deserve anyone's respect.

How could anyone do that to someone? To someone they are suppose to love? Especially to her. She's beautiful. I really don't know her that well but I'll tell you truthfully I already love her. Hell even Damien likes her. He says she funny, sarcastic, speaks her mind. He likes pushing her buttons. He likes to argue with her.

I really have my hands full. I got to find a way to make her fall in love with me and it won't be easy. She's broken. One man screwed it up for me. I'd love to make his and her life a living hell but I know I can't. Hell I'd love to kill them.

"Easy Landon." Damien's says snapping me out of my thoughts. Then I hear a snap. I look down and see my desk almost broke in two.

"Shit!" I huffs. "Order me another one." I tell him. He nods an okay.

I sigh leaning my head back closing my eyes. How am I going to fix this ?

"It won't be easy Landon." Maggie says. I snap my eyes open. She sighs heavily. "She doesn't trust men anymore. She's afraid of them. There's only one guy that she has met in the last two years and let get close to her. They only reason why that happen was because he was honest with her. He told her straight up that he wanted her in his bed." she says. I growled at that. She smiles at me. "Don't worry she didn't do it but they became friends. She knew what to expect from him. He was honest with her. She doesn't know you." she says. Why do I get the feeling there's a hint in there somewhere. I nod in understanding anyway.

"I'll find out why she has two mates." Damien says. I nod at him giving him my okay. I need to know too. It just didn't make since.

"Alright well I'm going to go make dinner." Maggie says sighing.

"Thanks Maggie." I say.

"No problem sweet heart good luck." she says walking out of the room. Please god don't let it be a fluke.

I want her and I plan on getting her. I'm not stopping until I have her in my arms and my mark on her shoulder. If its the last thing I do.

She will be mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.