Boyfriend

{ I turned on some Shawn Mendes and started jamming out while Grayson passed out.}

boyfriend boyfriend? yes girlfriend? texting other bitches? no girlfriend. telling lies? no girlfriend. lemme see your phone! hehehe......

i'm high on drugs jk I'm a baby

julia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realize for the longest time how controlling he was. That night I decided to confront him about it too. I walked downstairs. He was sitting on the couch walking TV.  "Hey, Dylan?" I said. I hoped my voice didn't sound as shaky as it was in my throat.
"yes?" he smiled at me softly with the damn smile. It almost made me want to get back upstairs and let him do what he wants. "I think we should talk.." I trailed off.
"about what?" he looked so innocent.
"my feelings...." I trailed off, again.
"what are you feeling?" he picked right back up.
"don't you think that both of us could have.. You know, separate cash? For space? " I said flatly, not softly or roughly. He blinked.
"I do everything for you. I keep your money, I help you! I mean c'mon Julia seriously?" his voice was raising making me feel weak. "I- I was just thinking-"
"no, Julia! You were jumping to conclusions thinking something else is better for you. It's not." That made me mad. I went back upstairs and into my room.
"Oh, yeah Julia! Run away again. See what happens this time!" he yelled through the house and it echoed. Then, someone knocked on my door. "go away Dylan. I don't want to even fucking speak to you right now." I turned away.
"Julia its Grayson. What happened? I'm really sorry..." it was my little brother, Grayson.
"Oh Grayson, it's just you," I said, embarrassed that I cursed in front of my little ten-year-old sibling. He came over and started cuddling with me. I put my hand on his soft cheek. We cuddled until we both fell asleep.

{5:45 am.}

I started packing my bags. I wasn't going to take Dylans bullshit anymore. I had enough. I took all of my clothes that were left; holes or no holes. I snuck downstairs past Dylan passed out on the couch and grabbed stuff from the pantry. Then, I woke up Grayson and made him pack too, whether he wanted to or not. "What? Where are we even going..." he said, rubbing his eyes. I don't think he was used to having to wake up this early. I thought about leaving him a note but the more I thought about it, the less I cared. I mean, did someone who controlled everything I did and called me stupid every night really deserve me to explain myself? No, no he didn't. I needed to stop thinking about it or I'll  get even more pissed. I let out a heavy sigh. I grabbed all of my money, looked back at our abandoned house, held on to Grayson's hand, and said goodbye. Goodbye to this old life.

I didn't even know where we were going.

{later on}
I finally found something. It wasn't a house. It wasn't even an apartment building or a townhouse. It was a van.  "this will do" I said reassuringly to Grayson. A new van also means that I'll need to find a different job. I won't have to work nearly as hard as I had to when Dylan was around, so he could buy his beer bottles. I got into the driver's seat and Grayson got in the back because he didn't reach the height or weight requirements. It had been so long since I was the one driving and just me and my brother were out. Dylan didn't like me driving like that. I turned on some Shawn Mendes and started jamming out while Grayson passed out.

We have been driving for a few hours, so I decided that we could stop for a break at the gas station. "Grayson" I whispered, tapping him lightly. He didn't move. "Grayson its time to get up," I said louder, tapping him.
That's it. I thought to myself. I turned Shawn all the way up.
"GRAYSON WAKE THE HELL UP! BATHROOM BREAK!" I screamed. This time he turned over. "what the heck Julia! Can't you just wake me up nicely?" he said, turning down the music. I could tell he was still pissed at me but I didn't care too much. " I did. You weren't waking up so I got annoyed." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. We both walked into the gas station, and I bought a few packs of food. Just some stuff for the road. "I'm just gonna go back into the car J.," he said walking out, not giving me enough time to respond. I just shrugged it off. I went into the bathroom to wash up my face and then walked out to the van. Oh Gosh. There my brother was, standing outside of the van talking with the hottest guy in the universe. Shawn Peter Raul fucking Mendes. "Hi Julia, I just was talking to this kid. Shawn Mendes. You've heard of him, right?" my brother said casually. Yes, of course I've heard of Shawn Mendes my favourite singer. Who hasn't? I wanted to say. The words bubbled up in my throat but I couldn't manage to get them out.

—————————————-—————————————-—————————————-————

i haven't updated this story in forever k bye